ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistan Master in Art = Brithish Higher GCE Advanced

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mechanical-engineer

Pakistan Master in Art = Brithish Higher GCE Advanced

Post by Mechanical-engineer » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:37 pm

First of all, I would like to thank you all. Yesterday, I was very tensed but now feeling little bit relaxe. I would like to quote the exact wording which HSMP team used for not awarding me points for spouse achievements.

"The qualification you submitted with the application was checked against guidance given by the National Academic Recognition Information Centre for the United Kingdom. The Master of Arts qualification, gained in Pakistan is not equivalent to British Bachelors. It is equivalent to a British Higher GCE Advanced"

My wife has Master in Arts(English )from University of Punjab Lahore, Pakistan ,one of the oldest and renowned university in Pakistan. For those who are not familiar it take 16 years of education to get it.
Now I just have 2 weeks to make my review application and not sure what document I should produce to prove that Master of Arts from Pakistan is equivalent to British standard Bachelors.

cheers,

Rex

Post by Rex » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:17 pm

Better try to get 16-year education certificate from HEC Pakistan.
Call NARIC and try to clarify it with them that why they do not recognize it as British Bachelors.

You may also spend 35 pounds and fill a form online for comparibility, fax the degrees, call to confirm that they recived it , ask for verification over phone, get the comparibility letter faxed to you.

I know it is a bit complicated but since you do not have enough time, only NARIC can help you. Otherwise there is no use to appeal.

As far as I know M.A.(Pakistan) - British B.A.

Mechanical-engineer

thankx

Post by Mechanical-engineer » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:19 pm

Thankx rix,

Tomorrow I will apply for 16 years study certifcate from HEC and will try to apply NARIC on monday but not sure to get it before appplying for review.
I also finad a link on Brithish Council site of Pakistan that Pakistan's MA is equal to Bechelor degree of U.K.
Link address is,
http://www.educationuk.org/pk/ then go to study advice and click Equivalency chart.

cheers,

Rex

Post by Rex » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:27 pm

try to get NARIC people over the phone before you apply and re-confirm about equalance

Good luck