ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Refused --- Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

HSMP Refused --- Help

Post by iyanu » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:36 pm

I applied for my HSMP in February. Just received my original docs and decision letter today and it is a refusal.

Application received 18/02/05
Decision made 21/02/05
Original docs received 31/03/05

I calimed 75 points but see what HO gave me:

1. Academic Achievement - 15 awarded.

2. Work Experince - 0 point awarded.

I agreed with my worked experience decision 'cos I was not able to get reference letters (actually I thought my employment letters will suffice)from the other two organization I had earlier worked. I agreed since I have read from this discussions points that they were very strict about reference letters.

3. Earning - 0 point awarded

They claimed after calculating my earnings it fall below 3500pd which was d minimum. But when I calculated my earnings it was 9000+pds.

they claimed some of the docs I submitted under this are photocopies. But I think I was d one that made a mistake when I was arranging my docs to have placed them under photocopy.

Guys I have to pay the new rate. I am okay with that but how are they calculating earnings. do they put loans into consideration?

I have already gotten my reference letters from my other coys. but for my earning evidence, Can somebody just help me on how HO calculate earnings.

I must by GOD's grace make. I think I have everything it takes to get the 65 points.

Please help Me.

I need ur comments Please!

shonolaku
Newly Registered

Post by shonolaku » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:07 pm

Iyanu,
Just take it easy. Calculating earning is easy and straightforward. What I did in my case was that, I added all my salary credits in my statement of accounts and divided it by current conversion GBP rate. If this is greater than the minimun earning required, you may use that and forget about the loan stuff. I also have some loans but didn't mind them while preparing my application.

You can send PM to me for further assistance.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:19 pm

iyanu

Please state the income you included in your claim, e.g Gross Salary, Bonuses etc and please state how you converted it to pounds, there is obvioulsy something wrong as the difference between you and HO is quite huge. also you mentioned something about loans, did you include a loan as part of your income.
Could you provide us with the exact wording of the letter in terms of the points refused,

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:31 pm

f2k,

the response of HO:'' --- appli forms states that u've earned 9.0k+pds in d last 12 month while being in your country(Nigeria). the country code we assess ur earning against is ctry code E, as a result to gain 25 pts u must have earned an equiv of 3500pd. from d evidences u have submitted we converted ur eranings to 2k+pds and consequently are unable to award points for this category. further more d photocopied evidence u provided could not be accessed. all evidences provided must be an orinaginal or photocopy certified by a public notory.''

I perceived d mistake I made was to place my original evidences with d photocopied ones or what else could have caused all these.

My loans was only reflected in my payslips. And my bank accounts was okay.

I dont know how they did their calculation honesly. i used the even 250 as d dividing factor, which is even a parallel rate in my country. I beleive d correct rate should be 1pd - 240+naira.

Got it

Boom05

Post by Boom05 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:12 pm

All they need is evidence of all your gross earned income, i dont think a loan qualifies as income. If you are earning less than N900,000 you might not score anything on earnings. If what you are saying is that loan deduction affects what enters your account monthly, then try using other evidences. Infact, i think you tax clearance and payslip will clearly show your gross income and could be better proof of earning. A letter from your employer stating what you earn will also assist.
Its easy to follow the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone !

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:39 pm

Iyanu, others

as far as earnings is concerned, a colleague (not a member of this board)also scored zero points meanwhile his gross earnings per annum is well over the 3500GBP mark.
what i read from his rejection letter he faxed to me was that the caseworker derived his result from his BASIC SALARY, which is just a fraction of the total salary!
my assumption for the caseworker's act is that the basic salary was the only taxable income in the payslip from what my colleague explained.
so do check your payslip and let's know if only your basic salary is taxable or your GROSS INCOME.
this should give us an insight into the matter.
meanwhile just take heart, the battle continues, victory is near!
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler

makon

Post by makon » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:51 pm

I am sorry to say it, you are part of your problem. The instruction on the HSMP site is clear enough for you to know that employee reference is very important. Also, any non-original copy of a doc should be notarised before being considered. As others have already said, a tax clearance certificate will do you a lot of good. Best wishes