ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation via spouse route.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jasmine89

Naturalisation query spouse 5 year route.

Post by jasmine89 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:20 pm

Hi all,

I cant thank everyone enough for contributing in this forum and sharing their knowledge and experience.

My husband has been granted ilr via 5 year spouse route.

We have no clue about the documents requires for naturalisation. If anyone could please share the list of documents required that would be grest. Also what are the timelines is it worth using priority service for naturalisation?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation query spouse 5 year route.

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:23 pm

There is no priority service for citizenship applications.

Standard service only which takes anywhere between a couple of months to 6 months, sometime longer.

Assuming he meets the 3 year residence requirement, he needs both of your passports, marriage cert, liuk and English requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jasmine89

Naturalisation query spouse 5 year route.

Post by jasmine89 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:31 pm

Hi all,

I cant thank everyone enough for contributing in this forum and sharing their knowledge and experience.

My husband has been granted ilr via 5 year spouse route.

We have no clue about the documents requires for naturalisation. If anyone could please share the list of documents required that would be grest. Also what are the timelines is it worth using priority service for naturalisation?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:35 pm

Please do not start new topics asking the same questions, all of them already answered!!

There is NO priority service for citizenship and the estimate timeline has already been advised when you posted earlier today.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:35 pm
Please do not start new topics asking the same questions, all of them already answered!!

There is NO priority service for citizenship and the estimate timeline has already been advised when you posted earlier today.

Thank you soo much. I am really sorry when i did it the first time it gave me an error so i though the topic didnt go live. Should we wait for the brp to get delivered or can he apply before that.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:44 pm

He needs his ILR BRP card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jasmine89

Naturalisation ILR Set(M)

Post by jasmine89 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:01 pm

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me qhat documents will i need to submit for hy husbands naturalisation application. Also i was reading the old paper form and it says they need payslips for the past 5 years. Is that a mandatory requirement.

So far we have the following.

My passport
His passports/brp cards both flrm and ilr one.
Marriage certificate
His national id card.
Like in the Uk test letter and Trinity Selt certificate.
What else would i need to submit?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation ILR Set(M)

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:30 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:01 pm
Hi All,

Can someone please tell me qhat documents will i need to submit for hy husbands naturalisation application. Also i was reading the old paper form and it says they need payslips for the past 5 years. Is that a mandatory requirement.

My passport
Marriage certificate
His national id card.
For the second time, can you please keep ALL questions in ONE topic and refrain from starting a new topic with each question!!!

If you read the old paper form properly, you will see that payslips/P60s applies ONLY to EU (non British) citizens and their family members who were on the EEA rules route. It does NOT apply to ilr obtain under the UK immigration rules apllicants.

He does NOT need to send the FLR M brp card. Only the ilr one is relevant for citizenship.

He does NOT need to send his foreign national identity card. Passport(s) are sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:30 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:01 pm
Hi All,

My passport
Marriage certificate
His national id card.
For the second time, can you please keep ALL questions in ONE topic and refrain from starting a new topic with each question!!!

If you read the old paper form properly, you will see that payslips/P60s applies ONLY to EU (non British) citizens and their family members who were on the EEA rules route. It does NOT apply to ilr obtain under the UK immigration rules apllicants.

He does NOT need to send the FLR M brp card. Only the ilr one is relevant for citizenship.

He does NOT need to send his foreign national identity card. Passport(s) are sufficient.
I am so sorry for starting another topic. I ll make sure to stick to same post in future.

Thanks a bunch for the clarification. Can you please tell me if i ll have to send them proof of cohabitation as well like i did for ilr. Is anything missing from mt list.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:49 pm

No, proof of cohab is not required. You are not making an immigration application.

Submit only what is asked for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jasmine89

Naturalisation via spouse route.

Post by jasmine89 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:39 pm

Good evening to all you wonderful people here.

I hope you are all well and keeping safe.

My husband got ilr via 5 year spouse Last year. Due to financial restraints we could not apply for naturalisation till now. Can someone please guide me on

1- list of documents that i need to submit for naturalisation via spouse route.

2- some guidance on what the process is with the forms and references required etc. It has been some time since we last applied so not sure if there are any changes.

Thank you so much to everyone in advance. 🙏

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation via spouse route.

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:46 pm

Topics merged!!
You were already given this advice late year when you asked.
2- some guidance on what the process is with the forms and references required etc. It has been some time since we last applied so not sure if there are any changes.
Complete the form online. The form will ask for details of two referees. He needs one professional referee of any national who is a professional on the official ukvi list. The other referee must be British and over 25. Each referee needs to sign the form with their details and a photo of your spouse on. The forms need to be uploaded with all your other supporting documents onto the ukcvas portal which you will be able to access after you have submitted and paid for the online application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:46 pm
Topics merged!!
You were already given this advice late year when you asked.
Complete the form online. The form will ask for details of two referees. He needs one professional referee of any national who is a professional on the official ukvi list. The other referee must be British and over 25. Each referee needs to sign the form with their details and a photo of your spouse on. The forms need to be uploaded with all your other supporting documents onto the ukcvas portal which you will be able to access after you have submitted and paid for the online application.

Thank you soo soo much for the quick response.
Can you please check my document list:-

1-spouse passport.
2-spouse ilr brp
3-my british passport.
4-sons passport
5-son’s birth certificate
6-marriage certificate
7-life in the uk test
8-English language test.

What documents do we need for proof if address?

Sorry for asking again. Just a little nervous and want to make sure that we don't miss anything.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:09 pm

What documents do we have to provide for proving the 3 years residency? Is his passport enough? Someone told me needs to provide his 5 years payslips and letters from hmrc?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:31 am

See also Absences.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Thank you so much for the responses. Can someone please guide me on the biometrics reuse process? We had biometrics done last year for ilr. Is there an option to opt in for it?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:47 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:24 pm
Thank you so much for the responses. Can someone please guide me on the biometrics reuse process? We had biometrics done last year for ilr. Is there an option to opt in for it?
It is not up to you to decide if you need to attend an appointment for biometrics or if you are eligible for biometric reuse.

This is decided by ukvi and you will be notified either way.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:47 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:24 pm
It is not up to you to decide if you need to attend an appointment for biometrics or if you are eligible for biometric reuse.

This is decided by ukvi and you will be notified either way.
That is great. Can you please chexk our documents list.

-husbands two passports which has all the stamps of us arriving in uk and leaving.
-driver license (from 2015)
-my passport.
-ilr brp.
-life in uk test certificate
-english language test
-marriage certificate.
-2x referee forms.

I think we dont need my sons birth certificate.
Or should i include his passport /birth certificate as well.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:29 pm

-husbands two passports which has all the stamps of us arriving in uk and leaving.
Irrelevant. He is not applying. You only need his biomteric passport page. You can also use his naturalisation certificate, as the form will ask for the certificate information.
-driver license (from 2015)
Not required.
I think we dont need my sons birth certificate.
Or should i include his passport /birth certificate as well.
Not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:29 pm
Irrelevant. He is not applying. You only need his biomteric passport page. You can also use his naturalisation certificate, as the form will ask for the certificate information.

Sorry for not clarifying. My husband is applying.
So i will scan my British passport biometrics page.
For my husband is it sufficient to scan his two passports with the initial visa and all arrival stamps for proof of residency. And i thought we can scan his driver license which is from 2015. Do we need anything else for proof of residency?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:24 pm

For my husband is it sufficient to scan his two passports with the initial visa and all arrival stamps for proof of residency.

Yes.
And i thought we can scan his driver license which is from 2015.
Irrelevant and not required.
Do we need anything else for proof of residency?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:24 pm
For my husband is it sufficient to scan his two passports with the initial visa and all arrival stamps for proof of residency.

Yes.
And i thought we can scan his driver license which is from 2015.
Irrelevant and not required.
Do we need anything else for proof of residency?
No.
Thanks a bunch i think we have got everything we need now. Just one question, for the life in uk test my husband used his flr m brp card but he does not have that Anymore. He has his ilr brp and passports. Will that be an issue. He might have a scan of his old brp we can check for that.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:13 pm

Can some please guide me on the referee process.
Do i need to print the from before i start the application? What information do i need from the referees?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:19 am

jasmine89 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:13 pm
Do i need to print the from before i start the application? What information do i need from the referees?
I think you are not to ask them, they get the form and fill it in themselves. That is how it works normally.

jasmine89

Post by jasmine89 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:39 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:19 am
jasmine89 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:13 pm
I think you are not to ask them, they get the form and fill it in themselves. That is how it works normally.

When i go on the naturalisation application page online it says before you start you need two referees so i am asking what information from the referees will i have to out in the actual application not the referee form. The referee form will be filled by the referees