ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Visa denied because of "financial reasons"

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ranbax1
Newly Registered
India

Tier 4 Visa denied because of "financial reasons"

Post by ranbax1 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:07 pm

Hello everyone,
I applied for the Tier 4 Visa and have been refused it based on the below reason:
I have refused your application for entry clearance under Tier 4 (General) of the
Points-Based System for the following reasons:
You have claimed 10 points for funds under Appendix C of the Immigration Rules. However,
the documents you have provided do not demonstrate that you are in possession of the
required level of funds. Your CAS states that your course fees are £15500.00 of which you
have paid £15500.00 + a maintenance amount of £9,135.00 for living outside London. This
leaves an outstanding balance of £9,135.00. You are required to demonstrate that these funds
are available to you for a minimum of 28 days in your account or your parent’s/legal guardian’s
account.
You have submitted a bank statement in your mother’s name from HSBC. During
the required 28 day period this account drops to a low point of 653,699 (£3,388.87 OANDA
13/8/19).
You also state that your sister will provide the remaining funds however, Appendix C
paragraph 13 states;
1. 13. Funds will be available to the applicant only where the specified documents show
or, where permitted by these Rules, the applicant confirms that the funds are held or
provided by:
(ii) the applicant’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s), and the parent(s) or legal
guardian(s) have provided written consent that their funds may be used by the
applicant in order to study in the UK; and/or
I am not satisfied that you have shown the required funds are available to you. I am therefore
not satisfied that you have achieved 10 points under paragraphs 10 to 14 of Appendix C and
meet the requirements to be granted entry clearance under Tier 4 (General) Student. I
therefore refuse your application under paragraph 245ZV(c) of the Immigration Rules.
What's ridiculous is the fact that I had submitted my sister's relation proof, consent letter and passport copy to reveal that she has allowed me access to her funds while I am in the UK. Her two accounts have more than the sufficient amount to cover my stay in the UK.

Even worse is this decision was made on September 4 and I only got this email today. My Course starts from the 1st of October and my flight is on the 27th. Kindly let me know the best possible recourse to take on this matter.

mklmh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 4 Visa denied because of "financial reasons"

Post by mklmh » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:31 am

ranbax1 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:07 pm
Hello everyone,
I applied for the Tier 4 Visa and have been refused it based on the below reason:
I have refused your application for entry clearance under Tier 4 (General) of the
Points-Based System for the following reasons:
You have claimed 10 points for funds under Appendix C of the Immigration Rules. However,
the documents you have provided do not demonstrate that you are in possession of the
required level of funds. Your CAS states that your course fees are £15500.00 of which you
have paid £15500.00 + a maintenance amount of £9,135.00 for living outside London. This
leaves an outstanding balance of £9,135.00. You are required to demonstrate that these funds
are available to you for a minimum of 28 days in your account or your parent’s/legal guardian’s
account.
You have submitted a bank statement in your mother’s name from HSBC. During
the required 28 day period this account drops to a low point of 653,699 (£3,388.87 OANDA
13/8/19).
You also state that your sister will provide the remaining funds however, Appendix C
paragraph 13 states;
1. 13. Funds will be available to the applicant only where the specified documents show
or, where permitted by these Rules, the applicant confirms that the funds are held or
provided by:
(ii) the applicant’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s), and the parent(s) or legal
guardian(s) have provided written consent that their funds may be used by the
applicant in order to study in the UK; and/or
I am not satisfied that you have shown the required funds are available to you. I am therefore
not satisfied that you have achieved 10 points under paragraphs 10 to 14 of Appendix C and
meet the requirements to be granted entry clearance under Tier 4 (General) Student. I
therefore refuse your application under paragraph 245ZV(c) of the Immigration Rules.
What's ridiculous is the fact that I had submitted my sister's relation proof, consent letter and passport copy to reveal that she has allowed me access to her funds while I am in the UK. Her two accounts have more than the sufficient amount to cover my stay in the UK.

Even worse is this decision was made on September 4 and I only got this email today. My Course starts from the 1st of October and my flight is on the 27th. Kindly let me know the best possible recourse to take on this matter.
damn. inform your school. get a new cas and apply again with priority - there should be time.
mine if I ask whats your time line like?

Shariffk
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Shariffk » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:20 am

Your sister account is not acceptable eben with a consent, she had to transfer the money to your account and u had to keep it for 28 days. Now for you to re-apply u need to put the money in ur account for 28 days then submit a new application.

ranbax1
Newly Registered
India

Post by ranbax1 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:03 pm

Shariffk wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:20 am
Your sister account is not acceptable eben with a consent, she had to transfer the money to your account and u had to keep it for 28 days. Now for you to re-apply u need to put the money in ur account for 28 days then submit a new application.
Alright, thanks for the information Shariffk.

ranbax1
Newly Registered
India

Post by ranbax1 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:16 pm

mklmh wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:31 am
damn. inform your school. get a new cas and apply again with priority - there should be time.
mine if I ask whats your time line like?
Sorry missed your post before. I am supposed to be leaving on the 27th and my course starts on the 1st. I informed the Uni but other than one reply, they have yet to respond.

Singaporean
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by Singaporean » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:10 pm

Sorry for your case. Try to get the CAS asap and apply again

I hope things go well for you.

ranbax1
Newly Registered
India

Post by ranbax1 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:29 pm

Singaporean wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:10 pm
Sorry for your case. Try to get the CAS asap and apply again

I hope things go well for you.
Thanks for the well wishes, appreciate it!