ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

You will be contacted by post within 21 working days, but never did

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ripchak
Newly Registered
India

You will be contacted by post within 21 working days, but never did

Post by ripchak » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:55 am

I have gone through a couple of similar posts about this and I believe my situation is slightly different, Apologies if there are other similar posts which I may have over looked.

I have made a naturalization application in April 2019. On inquiring the status of my application, I received an email from NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk on 21/08/2019 with the below response

Thank you for your e-mail
You will be contacted by post within 21 working days

Thank you
FMT

However, till date I haven't received any communication whatsoever from home office. I haven't changed my address and can confirm that the address given on the application is correct.

I have been trying to get an update by calling them and emailing below addresses, but failed to get a response

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk
citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Could anyone kindly advise if there is any other way to know what has happened ?

Any information provided is much appreciated !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: You will be contacted by post within 21 working days, but never did

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:59 am

It isn't 21 WORKING days yet.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ripchak
Newly Registered
India

Post by ripchak » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:24 pm

Thank you, I have seen posts elsewhere where the letter was received well within 21 days and hence posted the query.

It is 20 working days now but what should be done if I dont receive anything by tomorrow

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:33 pm

It is 18 workings days counting from 22nd August. Remember the 26th was a bank holiday.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ripchak
Newly Registered
India

Post by ripchak » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:40 pm

Thanks again .. I will give it a few days and come back If I haven't received any

Cool321
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cool321 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:03 pm

ripchak wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:40 pm
Thanks again .. I will give it a few days and come back If I haven't received any
FMT email dont reply now i have tried as well but no reply , i think once case decided FMT dont reply you can try furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
,hofully they will reply but it can take 2 to 3 weeks before they reply , Good Luck

ripchak
Newly Registered
India

Post by ripchak » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:27 pm

Thank you for your reply. I have emailed furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk and they have responded as below.

Thank you for contacting the Further Nationality Enquiry email inbox.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with a progress update as our records show that your nationality application is still within the service standard. Decisions on nationality applications are usually made within 6 months of submission, although some applications can take longer. You will be told if you need to provide more information to help with your application.

For further information on citizenship applications after they have been submitted, please visit:

www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-spouse/after-youve-applied

We believe we have addressed all the points you have raised. If you have any further questions please contact us at: www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk.

ripchak
Newly Registered
India

Post by ripchak » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:36 am

No response yet from the home office. I’m still not sure what should be done after 21 working days