ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI (supposedly?) slackening Tier 4 immigration conditions for select universities

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fr005t1
Newly Registered
Korea North

UKVI (supposedly?) slackening Tier 4 immigration conditions for select universities

Post by fr005t1 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:08 am

My sister got accepted to the University of Oxford to pursue her undergraduate degree starting this academic year and recently got her Tier 4 visa to enter the UK. But as far as the visa application is concerned, the bank statements regarding the proof to support oneself financially during the study, requiring the total balance to not dip bellow the total yearly expense for 28 consecutive days, did not meet the conditions of the Tier 4 visa as it did not meet the 28 day rule by a drastic difference, even though the final balance as of the time of submission was equal to the total required amount. The statements she submitted belonged to the bank account of our parents as she was relying on them for the expenses.
This just got me pondering as to whether the UKVI is biased towards the select academic institutions to the point that it slackens the conditions for the point-based visa.

Any users in the forum able to shed more light onto scenarios like this or have encountered something similar to this?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UKVI (supposedly?) slackening Tier 4 immigration conditions for select universities

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:00 am

Hello

The Tier 4 visa is not institution-specific. There are maintenance funds that are defined for all institutions. If the institution is in London, the limit is higher.

However, I have seen cases where the Home Office makes mistakes (purposeful?) and refuse a Tier 4 claiming that such and such requirements are not met while in fact, they are met and the documentation provided.

I have seen a case with a friend where they refused the visa claiming that a document wasn't provided while in fact, it was provided and even returned with the documents after the refusal.

In that case, you need an Administrative Review and explain that the condition was met and the bank statement to justify that was provided.

Shariffk
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: UKVI (supposedly?) slackening Tier 4 immigration conditions for select universities

Post by Shariffk » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:31 pm

The 28 days rule is soooo strict and the maintenance funds have NOT to drop down the targeted number in any day of the 28 days not a single day nor 10 poud less. This is most rejection reason tier 4 applicants face .

fr005t1
Newly Registered
Korea North

Post by fr005t1 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:53 am

You guys have mentioned that the rules are very strict and sturdy and does not align to any specific institutions. But for the aforementioned case, I know for a fact that the condition was not met (although the final balance was equal to the total required amount) as I myself saw the evidence.
Does this mean that she merely stumbled upon luck as the concerned immigration officer (assumably!) overlooked her documents (as she is moving to the UK soon to begin her course this year)?

fr005t1
Newly Registered
Korea North

Post by fr005t1 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:57 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:00 am
Hello

The Tier 4 visa is not institution-specific. There are maintenance funds that are defined for all institutions. If the institution is in London, the limit is higher.

However, I have seen cases where the Home Office makes mistakes (purposeful?) and refuse a Tier 4 claiming that such and such requirements are not met while in fact, they are met and the documentation provided.

I have seen a case with a friend where they refused the visa claiming that a document wasn't provided while in fact, it was provided and even returned with the documents after the refusal.

In that case, you need an Administrative Review and explain that the condition was met and the bank statement to justify that was provided.
You mentioned that the Home Office at times makes mistakes (purposeful or not!). Do you recon this is one of them?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:43 am

Hello

Yes, they make mistakes all the time. Most often than not, the mistake plays against the candidate. Like they claim you didn't provide a document, while it's there or they claim such condition is not fulfilled while it is. However, it's possible that they make mistakes on your favor or exercise discretion.

If the maintenance funds condition wasn't met and you still got the Tier 4, it's certainly a mistake.

ranbax1
Newly Registered
India

Post by ranbax1 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:07 pm

Is the financial statement of a sibling not valid for maintenance funds?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:08 pm

ranbax1 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:07 pm
Please continue in your own existing topic you already have!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ranbax1
Newly Registered
India

Post by ranbax1 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:08 pm
ranbax1 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:07 pm
Please continue in your own existing topic you already have!!!
Sorry I simply asked this question to gain additional insight as this thread is tangentially related. Further, I don't want to unnecessarily bump my own topic by spamming in it.