ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to UK while pending application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Travel to UK while pending application

Post by waleed205 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:54 am

1- Applied for spouse visa regular service, was told about 12 weeks for decision. I carry Australian passport, can I travel to UK while pending decision? I can travel without visa, just need to bother for a few days.

2- If I am approved and I get vignette on my passport (spouse), can I use the ePassport lane to enter UK?

3- just realized after applying, there might be rule for overcrowding. We own a flat (2 bedroom), and we are husband, wife, and 2 teenage sons. Will that be an issue? I read in an earlier guidance in your blog that:
2 bedroom -- 3 people
3 bedrooms -- 5 people
no mentioned on 4 people..

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Travel to UK while pending application

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:01 pm

waleed205 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:54 am
1- Applied for spouse visa regular service, was told about 12 weeks for decision. I carry Australian passport, can I travel to UK while pending decision? I can travel without visa, just need to bother for a few days.

2- If I am approved and I get vignette on my passport (spouse), can I use the ePassport lane to enter UK?

3- just realized after applying, there might be rule for overcrowding. We own a flat (2 bedroom), and we are husband, wife, and 2 teenage sons. Will that be an issue? I read in an earlier guidance in your blog that:
2 bedroom -- 3 people
3 bedrooms -- 5 people
no mentioned on 4 people..
1. Yes if you can satisfy the airport immigration staff.

2. Yes there have been around 250 e-gates installed for certain nationality holders including Australians.

3. Living room can also be counted as bedroom. Which means you 3 rooms which are fit for up to 5 person.

Account is taken only of rooms with a floor area larger than 50 square feet and rooms of a type used either as a living room or bedroom
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:59 pm

2. Please note that in e gates use, be mindful that when you collect your brp from the post office, they will expect to see your visa vignette stamped with an entry date. This date of entry is also crucial to your qualifying period for ilr as is listing all absences in the forms. My suggestion would be to not use the e gates on arrival with your spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:54 pm

From summer 2019 nationals of Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea will be able to enter the UK using the eGate system at 15 major airports.

Entering via an eGate means that your visa will not be endorsed with an entry stamp as the port is unmanned by Border Force staff.

If you chose to use an eGate then you will be required to upload your boarding pass in place of an entry stamp as evidence of your arrival in the UK.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

DanaMarie
Ireland

Post by DanaMarie » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:56 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:54 pm
From summer 2019 nationals of Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea will be able to enter the UK using the eGate system at 15 major airports.

Entering via an eGate means that your visa will not be endorsed with an entry stamp as the port is unmanned by Border Force staff.

If you chose to use an eGate then you will be required to upload your boarding pass in place of an entry stamp as evidence of your arrival in the UK.
Many recent vignette recipients (US applicants) have received a letter with their passport advising that they are required to see a border agent upon arrival.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:25 pm

DanaMarie wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:56 pm
seagul wrote:

Many recent vignette recipients (US applicants) have received a letter with their passport advising that they are required to see a border agent upon arrival.
Maybe because they kept coming in past as visitor/tourists and there is a need of some further clarification about them.

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:01 pm

Thanks all for the responses, very helpful.

In the years 2012 to 2015 I used to travel so much to U.K. for business, we used to manage project engineering from London, and I used to explain that to officers.

Since then, I travel to U.K. once or twice a year only to see family. I hope this will not be an issue.

Family wants to go there in Winter break if we don’t move be that time(I.e no decision by that time), that’s why I asked the question earlier, if I can travel during pending application. I had to pay vfs 75 dollars to keep my passport with me.

This brings me to another query, a perfect move will be during winter break to align with school admission in U.K. if I need to travel a week or two earlier than my wife(the sponsor) will that be an issue? Depending on when (hopefully) I get approved, i may need to go ahead of the family to renovate the flat and the rest of family can join later. If it is an issue with immigration, we all can move and stay in hotel for few days during renovation. I didn’t mention the possibility to stay in hotel in my application.

Sorry all for talking too much, just stressed out and you’re a great help. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:04 pm

You should travel with your spouse if you are all moving together as your visa will likely say "to accompany xyz (spouse/CP)".

School admission and start of year in the UK is September, not January/Feb/march.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:19 pm

How are you meeting the financial requirement? Is that through cash savings/rental income since your sponsor seems living outside the UK?

DanaMarie
Ireland

Post by DanaMarie » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:55 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:25 pm
DanaMarie wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:56 pm
seagul wrote:

Maybe because they kept coming in past as visitor/tourists and there is a need of some further clarification about them.
Nope. None of that. The letters have started coming with vignettes granted in the last couple of weeks so that may clarify the issue where there was previous question about whether or not first time spouse visa holders can use the egates regardless of holding a US passport. It would be entirely prudent to see a border agent to ask for a stamp while there is still a lack of clarity in the official UK guidance.

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:52 am

seagul wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:19 pm
How are you meeting the financial requirement? Is that through cash savings/rental income since your sponsor seems living outside the UK?

Yes cash savings.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:53 am

waleed205 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:52 am
seagul wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:19 pm

Yes cash savings.
Ok make sure that these are at least £62500 (if all other dependants are British) and held in your/your's partner account from 6 months.

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:27 pm

Thanks,
I put statements since 2/2/2019 and balance 70,000. I receive rents and it goes up to 75000. I move money for payments or transfer to other accounts but balance doesn’t drop below 70k

Yes all dependents are U.K. citizens.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:13 pm

waleed205 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:27 pm
Thanks,
I put statements since 2/2/2019 and balance 70,000. I receive rents and it goes up to 75000. I move money for payments or transfer to other accounts but balance doesn’t drop below 70k

Yes all dependents are U.K. citizens.
That's fine

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:16 pm

Thanks, I hope so.

I hope I did it right. I answered the questions on UKVI website (the new system) which was basically answering many Yes/No questions. If you answer yes, you explain. Few questions about wife and kids (wife is sponsor) and that’s it. The final page was required documents:
- marriage certificate
- bank statements since I used cash savings
- declaration on cash sources
- copy of sponsor passport.

That seems too little but I hope it’s enough. Did not ask for pictures or relationship proof other than marriage certificate. We’ve been married for 20+ years. I hope I did it right.

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:44 pm

OMG this is so much stress.. I just realized this:

When I was filling out the application on previous travels to "other countries", UKVI required the date of entry and exit. I was was looking through my tickets (online) and recorded these dates.

No I am flipping through my passport and I see I missed the dates by either one day earlier or later, it is regarding flying before midnight (on my ticket) but entry stamp is the following day arriving at destinations. So I am either off by one day earlier or one day later. Will that be an issue? This is related to 3 trips.

Luckily for the UK, USA, EU travels, they only required month and year and length of day, so no errors here.

I just need a decision to get it over with..

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:54 pm

waleed205 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:44 pm
No I am flipping through my passport and I see I missed the dates by either one day earlier or later, it is regarding flying before midnight (on my ticket) but entry stamp is the following day arriving at destinations. So I am either off by one day earlier or one day later. Will that be an issue? This is related to 3 trips.
waleed205 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:44 pm
Luckily for the UK, USA, EU travels, they only required month and year and length of day, so no errors here.
yes your question and then answer is correct.