ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions regarding Tier 2 General to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naampadobi
India

Questions regarding Tier 2 General to ILR

Post by naampadobi » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:05 am

Wondering if someone could kindly help me to understand a few things. Thanks in advance.

My scenario:
I entered UK on 16/08/2013 with a Tier 4 student visa which was valid till 31/01/2015.
Upon completion of studies, I applied for Tier 2 General which was granted from 18/12/2014 till 18/12/2019.
I joined my current and sponsoring company on 02/02/2015.
Before joining the job I went for a holiday between 09/01/2015 and 25/01/2015.

Questions:
1. How would I substantiate the holiday between Tier 2 visa start date and employment start date?

2. On of the form field is "When did you first enter the UK? (This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started". What date should I mention for this? My entry date with Tier 4 visa / start date of tier 2 general / first entry to UK using the tier 2 general (25/01/2015) ?

3. P60 for last 5 years optional or mandatory? I don't have the original P60s but online copy from payroll system are available, are those valid? Otherwise, would it be OK to give tax details letter from HMRC?

4. Is there any need for printed photographs when applying online and attending super priority service?

5. "For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules." How to substantiate this?

6. I am planing to apply atlease a week before the 28days advance period and attend the super priority appointment within the 28days advance period based on the info here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/791067/Calculating-continuous-leave-v18.0.pdf, is that OK?

Thank you for your kind help.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Questions regarding Tier 2 General to ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:20 am

naampadobi wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:05 am
Wondering if someone could kindly help me to understand a few things. Thanks in advance.

My scenario:
I entered UK on 16/08/2013 with a Tier 4 student visa which was valid till 31/01/2015.
Upon completion of studies, I applied for Tier 2 General which was granted from 18/12/2014 till 18/12/2019.
I joined my current and sponsoring company on 02/02/2015.
Before joining the job I went for a holiday between 09/01/2015 and 25/01/2015.

Questions:
1. How would I substantiate the holiday between Tier 2 visa start date and employment start date?

2. On of the form field is "When did you first enter the UK? (This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started". What date should I mention for this? My entry date with Tier 4 visa / start date of tier 2 general / first entry to UK using the tier 2 general (25/01/2015) ?
This is the date the application is based on. So if you switched to Tier 2 G inside UK that will be the date of the initial Tier 2 G visa grant

3. P60 for last 5 years optional or mandatory? I don't have the original P60s but online copy from payroll system are available, are those valid? Otherwise, would it be OK to give tax details letter from HMRC?

4. Is there any need for printed photographs when applying online and attending super priority service?
No, your digital photo will be taken as part of biometrics at the UKVCAS centre

5. "For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules." How to substantiate this?
Ignore. This is for someone combining Tier 2 period with for example Tier 1

6. I am planing to apply atlease a week before the 28days advance period and attend the super priority appointment within the 28days advance period based on the info here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -v18.0.pdf, is that OK?
Note the date of application is the date you pay and submit online. You can only apply upto 28 days before the completion of 5 years from visa issue date. So make sure you only pay and submit when you qualify. Biometrics date is irrelevant. You have to provide bio within 45 working days after online submission and this date can be AFTER your visa expiry also. The date when you apply is what matters only.

Thank you for your kind help.
Someone else can answer 1 & 3.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by aby00156 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:55 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:20 am
Get your employer to write a letter to explain this and also you can also write a letter explaining this.
tier11417 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:20 am
P60 for last 5 years optional or mandatory? I don't have the original P60s but online copy from payroll system are available, are those valid? Otherwise, would it be OK to give tax details letter from HMRC?
You dont need to submit any P60's. Just submit one latest payslip and a bank statement showing the transaction of that payslip.
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

freeman_123
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by freeman_123 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:02 pm

Questions:
You just need to put this down as an absence if you've left the UK.

naampadobi
India

Post by naampadobi » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:18 pm

Thank you tier11417, freeman_123 and aby00156 for your kind reply.

Just to clarify regarding the point below:
6. I am planing to apply atlease a week before the 28days advance period and attend the super priority appointment within the 28days advance period based on the info here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/791067/Calculating-continuous-leave-v18.0.pdf, is that OK?
I was planning to apply online earlier than 28days period as I was referring to the Home Office staff guide (Calculating-continuous-leave-v18.0.pdf) where it says the following:
Calculating the specified continuous period
Applicants can submit a settlement application up to 28 days before they would
reach the end of the specified period.
You must calculate the relevant qualifying period by counting backward from
whichever of the following is most beneficial to the applicant:
• the date of application
• the date of decision
• any date up to 28 days after the date of application

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:22 pm

naampadobi wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:18 pm
Thank you tier11417, freeman_123 and aby00156 for your kind reply.

Just to clarify regarding the point below:
6. I am planing to apply atlease a week before the 28days advance period and attend the super priority appointment within the 28days advance period based on the info here https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -v18.0.pdf, is that OK?
I was planning to apply online earlier than 28days period as I was referring to the Home Office staff guide (Calculating-continuous-leave-v18.0.pdf) where it says the following:
Calculating the specified continuous period
Applicants can submit a settlement application up to 28 days before they would
reach the end of the specified period.
You must calculate the relevant qualifying period by counting backward from
whichever of the following is most beneficial to the applicant:
• the date of application
• the date of decision
• any date up to 28 days after the date of application
This is up to the CW discretion. I would personally not risk it. For an in time application, it must not be submitted before you qualify.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.