ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh Paper Applications - Upgrade/Convert from PSS to Settled Status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kiwigoldilox
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Surinder Singh Paper Applications - Upgrade/Convert from PSS to Settled Status

Post by kiwigoldilox » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:11 am

Hi, I've recently been granted PSS via Surinder Singh Route, got granted on 7 August 2019. Sent my application off on 16 May 2019, so PSS application took over 12 weeks. On 28 May, my UK RC expired and I'm an unmarried case (PR eligibility starts day after UK RC expiry), so I became eligible for settled status before my PSS had even been decided! So I've been "eligible" for settled status for a couple of months now. I've called the EU Settlement helpline, they've told me that I can't apply for settled status yet, as I have to wait 70 days since being granted PSS. And they said that I will be able to convert/upgrade using the app and online, rather than another paper application.

For "regular" EU citizens and their family members, they've only just had the ability to upgrade from PSS to settled status via the app/online in the last couple of weeks. I tried to give it a go using my PSS card as my biometric card, I could finally use the app (couldn't even use the app at all when applying for PSS, as my UK RC was the old style vignette one in passport and not biometric). However, when I'm finished with the scan chip, scan face and selfie bit via mobile device (all successful), go to the next stage of the online application which can be done on PC/laptop, it doesn't give me the option of choosing a British or UK citizen when choosing the nationality of my sponsor. So it appears the online application isn't yet "ready" for Surinder Singh conversions or upgrades.

Are there any other Surinder Singhers who are ready to upgrade, and who have any ideas or insight?

Thanks!

Obie
Ireland

Re: Surinder Singh Paper Applications - Upgrade/Convert from Pre Settled Status to Settled Status

Post by Obie » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:48 am

What documents were you asked to provide for your pre-settled status?

How did you secure residence card as an unmarried partner, prior to March 2019?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Surinder Singh Paper Applications - Upgrade/Convert from Pre Settled Status to Settled Status

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:53 am

kiwigoldilox wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:11 am
Hi, I've recently been granted Pre Settled Status via Surinder Singh Route, got granted on 7 August 2019. Sent my application off on 16 May 2019, so Pre Settled Status application took over 12 weeks. On 28 May, my UK RC expired and I'm an unmarried case (PR eligibility starts day after UK RC expiry), so I became eligible for settled status before my Pre Settled Status had even been decided! So I've been "eligible" for settled status for a couple of months now. I've called the EU Settlement helpline, they've told me that I can't apply for settled status yet, as I have to wait 70 days since being granted Pre Settled Status. And they said that I will be able to convert/upgrade using the app and online, rather than another paper application.

For "regular" EU citizens and their family members, they've only just had the ability to upgrade from Pre Settled Status to settled status via the app/online in the last couple of weeks. I tried to give it a go using my Pre Settled Status card as my biometric card, I could finally use the app (couldn't even use the app at all when applying for Pre Settled Status, as my UK RC was the old style vignette one in passport and not biometric). However, when I'm finished with the scan chip, scan face and selfie bit via mobile device (all successful), go to the next stage of the online application which can be done on PC/laptop, it doesn't give me the option of choosing a British or UK citizen when choosing the nationality of my sponsor. So it appears the online application isn't yet "ready" for Surinder Singh conversions or upgrades.

Are there any other Surinder Singhers who are ready to upgrade, and who have any ideas or insight?

Thanks!
Probably granted in Error.
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021