ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application for UK born child to PR parent from EU

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shlumaan

Passport Application for UK born child to PR parent from EU

Post by Shlumaan » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:08 pm

Hello, I am a German national who attained my permanent residency in the UK in 2015. My husband is not from the UK but attained his PR as well. My son was born in 2018 and my understanding is that he is eligible for a British passport as he was born after I acquired my PR. I have not yet acquired my British citizenship but that is underway. I have started the application for my son's passport from this link: https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passport ... d-passport. At no point during the application am I being asked about my Permanent Residency in the UK, or my husbands', and instead I'm being asked questions about my son's grandparents who were born in Israel and Poland. At the end of this application I am being asked to submit a whole list of documents regarding mine and my husband's parents which are in foreign languages and seem to be completely irrelevant if my son is entitled by the fact of my being a PR in the UK. Could someone please clarify if I'm attempting to complete the wrong application?

Many thanks for your thoughts and assistance.

Ania

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Passport Application for UK born child to PR parent from EU

Post by mrsabih » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:12 pm

HI similar problem i faced what i did i send postal application just get british passport application form and fill detail and send child full birth certificate and your PR card with his application thats it they will send you back your original documents back

Take care
Do good and get reward