ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsored workpermit to dependent visa inside UK?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

reachme20081
Newly Registered

Sponsored workpermit to dependent visa inside UK?

Post by reachme20081 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:28 pm

Hi

My spouse and myself are currently on separate employer sponsored work permits in UK. Now my spouse will be applying for tier 1 visa. Can I apply simultaneously (with my spouse's application) for my tier 1 dependent visa from inside UK.
Some one please guide me.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:06 pm

Irrespective of who, between the two of you, ends up being the main Tier 1 applicant and who takes the dependent status, the rules for dependents have *not* changed since you last posted the same question and hence the answer also remains the same as before.

If still in doubt, read Switching into the dependent route or check with UKBA directly.

FYI, switching means "converting (changing) existing leave to enter/remain in one immigration category into a leave to remain under a different immigration category through an in-country application".

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!