ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Application - Sponsor Documents Checklist

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hamzababy
United Kingdom

Visitor Visa Application - Sponsor Documents Checklist

Post by hamzababy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:32 am

i am sponsoring my mother to come to the uk...
she has been issued visit visas 4-5 times in the past..

however someone told me that sponsors have to meet certain requirements now too..

1- 6 month bank statements and payslips while before i used to send just 3 months statements and payslips

issue here is that , i was self employed before 3 months so i dont have any payslip and bank statement ?

on the HO website , i cannot find anything in writing that i ( sponsor ) have to submit my income and proof of the last 6 months to be able to sponsor someone to the uk? in this case , my mother ...

all my previous sponsorship to her in the past included just a few payslips and couple of bank statements.

waiting to hear from experts.. thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visitor Visa Application - Sponsor Documents Checklist

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:37 am

Don't believe what 'someone' told you. 'Someone' is likely confusing the mandatory requirements of the sponsor for a spouse visa.

For a visitor visa, the applicant must meet the requirements and show ties to home country (social, family, employment, pension, property etc).

If you are sponsoring her accommodation and some funds, then you simply need to submit evidence of this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.