ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa for a Vietnamese partner

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tre
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa for a Vietnamese partner

Post by Tre » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:51 am

Dear all,
I am both Vietnamese and British. I plan to get married to my girlfriend as a Vietnamese and then get a marriage certificate from the Vietnamese local authority. After getting this Vietnamese document what do I need to do to get my marriage recognised in the UK and then apply for a spouse visa for my wife? Thank you very much.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa for a Vietnamese partner

Post by seagul » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:13 am

Tre wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:51 am
After getting this Vietnamese document what do I need to do to get my marriage recognised in the UK and then apply for a spouse visa for my wife?
If you both are free to marry (divorced if married before) and will meet in person at the time of marriage then your vietnamese marriage will be counted as valid/legal in UK without having the need to re-register it in UK. Simply translate the marriage certificate in to English.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Tre
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa for a Vietnamese partner

Post by Tre » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:58 am

Thank you very much.