ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied settled status earlier

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kmoney1
United Kingdom

Applied settled status earlier

Post by Kmoney1 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:27 am

Hi everyone
My due date to complete 5years of residency in UK will b Nov 9th.
Am thinking to applied on 30th October
Please just want to know if I can without no problem. Thnks

kamoe
European Union

Re: Applied settled status earlier

Post by kamoe » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:56 am

Kmoney1 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:27 am
My due date to complete 5years of residency in UK will b Nov 9th.
Am thinking to applied on 30th October
Why?
Please just want to know if I can without no problem. Thnks
You can apply anytime, but you could end up with Pre-Settled status if you apply before you complete the 5 years. Hence my question. Why do that?

The caseworker might just give you Settled status straight away. Or, they might wait the 10 days you are still missing to complete the 5 years, then issue you Settled Status. Which will make no big difference between that, and applying when you have actually completed the 5 years. So... why not apply when you actually meet the requirements? A potential no deal Brexit on October 31st has no impact here, as the deadline for applying is December 2020 NOT Brexit date.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.