ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Experience Question - Updated

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marfbr
Newly Registered

Work Experience Question - Updated

Post by marfbr » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:50 pm

I have 4+ years of Graduate experience, but all I need is 2 years for points, and it was my first 2 years that is easier to prove as degree level.

If I submit an application claiming points from work 4 years ago, and no points from the most recent work (last 2 years), should I expect the HO to grant me points for work experience that isn't the most recent?

Regards,

Brad.
Last edited by marfbr on Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

marfbr
Newly Registered

Post by marfbr » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:26 am

Well I'm replying to my own post... I would really appreciate any feedback from my original question.

- Further to the info from the original post, my first lot of experience that I wish to claim for was in New Zealand for a bank. I then spent 2 years in the UK, with about 14 months working in London (Finance). I am now back in NZ working for the same bank as I was before leaving and therefore it will be easy to get a reference to cover off the required areas to prove graduate level work. It will however be very difficult to get such references from the UK, as I was employed through an agency and the banks don't provide references when employed through an agency.

If anyone has any thing to add, please do, as I would like to know if I am wasting my time if I can't get sufficient references from the UK.

Regards,

Brad.