ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trinity certificate verification.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

legalalien
United Kingdom

Trinity certificate verification.

Post by legalalien » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:00 pm

Hi all I have a strange situation regarding my wife’s ILR m. I am in the process of preparing the application and today she sat b1 trinity exam and passed it. However as she was leaving the centre they noticed that she was entered as male under gender (fat fingers from my part must have entered it incorrectly). They told her as she already sat the test they will issue they certificate but they can’t amend the gender!!! They said had they noticed it she would have been turned away. They said to use the certificate as it doesn’t contain gender details and all other information such as name and identity are correct.
My concern is that the case worker will do the usual verification online... now I am not sure about the level of details shared on trinity verification system but I am worried that the case worker could refuse her ILR if they noticed the error
What do you think we should do
A) resit exam
B) call trinity and demand they correct it (doubt they will)
C) go with the flow and hope the verification is limited to authenticity and confirmation of passing the test.

I appreciate that this is a unique situation but would like the community’s opinion on this situation.

legalalien
United Kingdom

Re: Trinity certificate verification.

Post by legalalien » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:54 pm

I think I found an answer. The verification app clearly shows the candidate gender. I am not going to chance it. Will call trinity on Monday and see what the can do. Otherwise we will take a fresh test I would rather lose £150 than £3000. Frustrating as Mrs had Ielts academic, made her take A2 unnecessary for FLR and now messed up the B1 exam... might as well just burn my money :)

https://trinityverify.trinitycollege.co ... 20v1.0.pdf

Admin... happy to delete this self discussion if deemed useless

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Trinity certificate verification.

Post by bizman » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:15 pm

Yes just tell her to quickly take another one.
Bizman