ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) ILR Application For Spouse Questions clarification **Very Urgent**

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

siddtrim361
Newly Registered

SET (M) ILR Application For Spouse Questions clarification **Very Urgent**

Post by siddtrim361 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:05 am

Dear team,

It has been great having a community like this and get valuable help. A quick background about my Wife visa status. She is from Pakistan.

We got married in March 2013, I was on Tier 1 General Migrant Visa at that time. I applied for her Tier 1 Dependent Visa and got her Entry Clearance Visa as a dependent of Tier 1 and she arrived in UK September 2013.

In July 2014 I applied for ILR and got my settlement. Once I received my settlement, before I applied for her visa as a spouse of a person present and settled in UK. There was English Language Requirement to meet. She has a Degree in Pharmacy from back home. We Sent her Degree, transcript and letter from her University stating about her degree and english medium details to UKNARIC. We received 2 x letters back from UK Naric, one is English Language Assessment, and the other one is a Degree Comparison Letter.

So we applied for her Spouse Visa of a person present and settled in UK in July 2014. Sent her UKNARIC documents to Home office showing that we have met the English language requirement and it was accepted and she was granted initial 2.5 years Spouse Visa in September 2014, on a 5 year settlement route.

In February 2017 we applied for her Spouse Visa extension, and attaching the same UK Naric documents and it was accepted again and she received another 2.5 years visa towards her 5 year route settlement.

We have 2 children who are British.

Now in 2 weeks time, she is going to apply for her SET M ILR application online. There are few questions which I want to clarify which are below;

1 - Recently on Home office web site, they are asking if you have a degree outside UK then you need to provide the below from UK NARIC.

Academic Qualification Level Statement (AQUALS) from UK NARIC confirming the degree is equivalent to a UK qualification.

English Language Proficiency Statement (ELPS) from UK NARIC confirming the degree was taught in English.

Note: Will my existing letters from UK NARIC should be sufficient, as they have the exact content which the above 2 have and which Home Office is looking for. Out of curiosity, I spoke with 3 different advisors in UK Naric and one advisor in Home Office, all mentioned that it should be fine as UK Naric letters don't have an expiry, however I would like to check it here aswell. I have attached both of my wife's UK Naric letters which she currently have.

2. While I am filling the form Online, it seems to be pretty much straight forward, however there are few slight confusions which I want to clarify. In the beginning of the SET M application, there is a question where it ask - In which category are you applying for indefinite leave to remain? my answer is "Partner of a person present and settled in the UK - 5 years route. Is this correct. Please check attachment.

3. Please clarify if I have selected correct answer for this question under the application section.
Did you meet the Knowledge of English requirements as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 Oct 2013?
My answers is "Yes" as I have met the English requirements previously.

4. Now a confusing question. As we all know that when we apply for spouse visa, Home Office ask documents of evidence that you and your spouse are living together. I am aware of that and I have all the documents to prove that e.g

- Council Tax bills under both names
- Electoral Register under both names
- GP letter under both names
- Tenancy agreement under both names
- Letter from School that our 2 x children are in School, and letter addressed under both me and my wife name.
- Gas bills under both names
- Electricity bills under both names
- separate bills like Broadband, TV licence, Mobile bills, Water bills, bank statements, other utility and medical documents under separate names.

All in all I have enough documents to prove this evidence for the last 2.5 years.

However, the question is when I get to the document section which is the 4th section in the online application, it did NOT ask for any of joint or separate documents of evidence that we are living together. This is weird. I have provided the attachments of this section which I can currently see on the online application form. Is this something normal, or have I done something wrong while filling in the form.

Note: These questions are very important and could help other members as well. However, I really would like a senior member to respond to this as it is very important and I need an accurate and to the point answers. So any input from senior members will be greatly appreciated. By mistake If I have repeated myself and if this is something which has already been discussed the please apologise in advance.
Attachments
UK NARIC Degree Assessment1.jpg
UK NARIC Degree Assessment1.jpg (354.07 KiB) Viewed 887 times
UKNARIC English Language Assessment1.jpg
UKNARIC English Language Assessment1.jpg (485.18 KiB) Viewed 887 times
Start1.PNG
Start1.PNG (43.45 KiB) Viewed 887 times
Documents Section.PNG
Documents Section.PNG (42.79 KiB) Viewed 887 times
Documents Section2.PNG
Documents Section2.PNG (47.33 KiB) Viewed 887 times

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET (M) ILR Application For Spouse Questions clarification **Very Urgent**

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:28 pm

All your assumptions and answers are correct.
Cohabitation documents do not show in the doc list but you must provide them as the online system is not perfect.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

siddtrim361
Newly Registered

Re: SET (M) ILR Application For Spouse Questions clarification **Very Urgent**

Post by siddtrim361 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:56 pm

Thank you so much Zimba for your valuable answer.