ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK Test Certificate - Typo

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aminf85
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Life in the UK Test Certificate - Typo

Post by Aminf85 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:18 pm

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has had this issue and what did you do/how did it impact your application?

I am applying for ILR but I just realized that I have stupidly used an incorrect "Town Of Birth" on my Life in the UK test application form and that is now not matching with my BRP/Passport.

I spoke to the home office and they confirmed that it should not be a problem as long as the name and DOB are correct. They also mentioned that a cover letter should help as well. I have been advised to retake the test to be on the safer side.

Many thanks,
FA

Aminf85
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Life in the UK Test Certificate - Typo

Post by Aminf85 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:55 am

Hello,

For the benefit of anyone who has this issue - please be advised that this typo didn't matter and my application was successful.

I used the same Life in the UK test Certificate with the typo and provided a cover letter explaining the issue as a mistake whilst filling the online application form for the test.

Best of Luck,
FA

Tareknao
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Life in the UK Test Certificate - Typo

Post by Tareknao » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:30 pm

Congrat.thank u for information
Me too i put place of birth my city instead of my town.they are diferent words.
Please is this problem or no.
Do i need just cover letter or need to take exam again?
Thanks