ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Info to apply British passport for newborn outside the Uk to British father

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mian12
Newly Registered
England

Info to apply British passport for newborn outside the Uk to British father

Post by Mian12 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:54 pm

Hi all,just need some important info if anybody can advise,I am british passport holder through naturalisation,I have got newborn baby in Pakistan,I want to bring him to the UK what travel documents do I need and what is the procedure to apply British passport for him,can I apply his British passport in Pakistan and what are the requirements and time length,if anybody can reply in detail would be highly appreciated.thanks

secret.simon

Re: Info to apply British passport for newborn outside the Uk to British father

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:25 pm

Is the date of birth of the child before or on or after the date on your naturalisation certificate?
Which country is your child currently in?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Mian12
Newly Registered
England

Post by Mian12 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:34 am

I was on point based tier 1 visa,got the passport through that route,my child was born after I got the British citizenship and he is in Pakistan.thanks

trilobite1981
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by trilobite1981 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:36 pm

My baby is in the same situation.

I've been told that the baby is automatically a BC. Alll you need to do is apply for the British passport.

british-citizenship/child-born-outside-uk-t284344.html

Parmo1000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Parmo1000 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:26 pm

Here I would like to describe the process of applying for a UK passport for a baby born in philippines, I only describe the most common application. Because philippines has no divorce (for 99% of the population) there are unique rules.

I will describe only the most typical situation here, a British father and a Filipino mother with a child born in Philippines in the last few years.

The first thing to think about is if your son CAN get a British passport. YOU must be a British citizen BORN in UK (it's called "otherwise by descent" ) and the mother must not be already married to anyone else . I think you must also have signed the Filipino birth certificates.

1. You apply online (using YOUR name as parent, if you're in UK) upload a photo of your son, make a payment, submit contact details of your countersignatory.
He/she MUST be a british/american/eu/commonwealth passport holder (NOT Filipino).
The photo can be taken with your own camera or phone but there are strict rules.

2. Later, the countersignatory is sent an email inviting them to witness the online photo.

3. If the countersignatory is accepted you are invited to send in documents to the UK passport office , I listed my papers above.

4. After that you just wait, overseas applications seem to be put on hold for 1 month until inspection.

5. After the inspection of your papers, maybe they will tell you to submit extra papers or maybe your application will be rejected.

6. You normally must attend an interview around 2 weeks later.

7. After that, another 2 weeks later, a final decision is made about your application and, if successful, you will receive the child passport by courier.

It all took 2 months for us, but ours was an overseas child application from a UK address with a British countersignatory and British interview location.
Our main problem was finding a countersignatory. If you are applying from UK address, the countersignatory must only know YOU. But if you are in Philippines you must find a Brit/American who knows you both. If you both have the correct qualifications to get a UK passport and submit the papers in my list above you will have no problems. 2 months after application you will get a passport for your son! If you apply after September you will get a brand new dark blue design!
Other possible problems maybe not having baby doctor papers, ultrasound scans, photo of when mother was pregnant. Maybe you'll get away with not having all these. I don't know. I read that nobody has ever failed the interview