ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing travel dates

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eena
Newly Registered

Missing travel dates

Post by eena » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:11 am

Hi all,

Everyone in this forum is very helpful and provide always helpful advice. One of my friends has one question

She is applying for a 10-year route ILR application.
Her current passport was issued 6 years back and she has lost her old passport. she doesn't remember the exit date for her trip during 2013.
Since she doesn't even remember the exit month of travel because she had many small trips since then until now and she couldn't find any itinerary or tickets for 2013 trip. If she declares the estimated dates
Ques 1. how could the HO cross-check the exit month since it is more than 5 years old now
Ques 2: will they want to see any evidence for those estimated dates, if so, what sort of evidence
Ques3: if she goes for same-day super priority service it is likely that the application is going to take longer due to the unclear exit dates.
Ques4: is it going to affect my application negatively.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Missing travel dates

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:31 pm

Ques 1. how could the HO cross-check the exit month since it is more than 5 years old now
They have access to digital passenger travel data from Airline/ferries/coaches
Ques 2: will they want to see any evidence for those estimated dates, if so, what sort of evidence
Scan of passport pages in the last 10 years (if possible)
Ques3: if she goes for same-day super priority service it is likely that the application is going to take longer due to the unclear exit dates.
It can take longer for all sort of reasons.
Ques4: is it going to affect my application negatively.
Why your friends application have any effect on yours !!? :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

eena
Newly Registered

Post by eena » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:52 pm

Thank You Zimba for your reply.

1. As you mentioned, "They have access to digital passenger travel data from Airline". do they have that data even for exit dates for more than 5 years old?
2. she doesn't have the scanned copy of all the pages of old passport which had travel history for 3.5 years. what could be the possible alternative/ evidence they can ask for?
3. lastly, my question was, is it going to affect "her" application?
I mean, could she face difficulty in gaining the approval for ILR due to old passport lost & no scanned proof of the old travel dates prior to mid-2013.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:21 pm

1. As you mentioned, "They have access to digital passenger travel data from Airline". do they have that data even for exit dates for more than 5 years old?
The system has been in place since 2004. They may or may not have data, you are not expected to provide travel evidence
2. she doesn't have the scanned copy of all the pages of old passport which had travel history for 3.5 years. what could be the possible alternative/ evidence they can ask for?
She must provide all her passport copies in the last 10 years. If lost, she has to explain that she lost her passports
3. lastly, my question was, is it going to affect "her" application?
I mean, could she face difficulty in gaining the approval for ILR due to old passport lost & no scanned proof of the old travel dates prior to mid-2013.
No
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

eena
Newly Registered

Post by eena » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:29 pm

Thanks Zimba.

"The system has been in place since 2004. They may or may not have data, you are not expected to provide travel evidence"

1. Sorry, I am still a bit unclear, if they cannot find themselves & they don't expect her to provide the same, how would they cross-check?
The travel was 7 years ago.

2. she's also not sure about the correct month she exited from the UK. Could this lead to a problem if she states the estimated dates?

3. Thirdly, as she can provide the explanation for the lost old passport, then can she go for one-day priority service? or this will lead to prolonging the decision?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:43 pm

1. Sorry, I am still a bit unclear, if they cannot find themselves & they don't expect her to provide the same, how would they cross-check?
The travel was 7 years ago.
They may acquire info they need using requests to airlines or carriers for travel logs or data even if they currently do not have it on the files. We do NOT know how their internal procedures work. They know how to do their job you know
2. she's also not sure about the correct month she exited from the UK. Could this lead to a problem if she states the estimated dates?
It should not if the period is not breaking the legal stay
3. Thirdly, as she can provide the explanation for the lost old passport, then can she go for one-day priority service? or this will lead to prolonging the decision?
She can apply BUT I REPEAT AGAIN, her application can take longer for all sort of other reasons. There is NO guarantee