ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU Spouse EEA FM

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Courtneym
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Non EU Spouse EEA FM

Post by Courtneym » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:02 am

Hi there,

I am a New Zealand citizen marrying a Polish Citizen in a few months. My fiancé is currently living in the UK and is in the process of applying for settlement status. I am currently living in Rep. of Ireland and I am wanting to join him the UK once we are married. Do I need to apply for a family permit to enter the UK with him? I was told by the UKVI helpline that I would be able to enter the UK as a New Zealander/visa waiver country for 6 months and then apply for the EEA FM residence card once I was in the UK and bypass the whole family permit thing. Does this sound correct? It seems to contradict most things I have been reading. Thanks for any help provided

Shazy001
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Re: Non EU Spouse EEA FM

Post by Shazy001 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:18 pm

Courtneym wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:02 am
Hi there,

I am a New Zealand citizen marrying a Polish Citizen in a few months. My fiancé is currently living in the UK and is in the process of applying for settlement status. I am currently living in Rep. of Ireland and I am wanting to join him the UK once we are married. Do I need to apply for a family permit to enter the UK with him? I was told by the UKVI helpline that I would be able to enter the UK as a New Zealander/visa waiver country for 6 months and then apply for the EEA FM residence card once I was in the UK and bypass the whole family permit thing. Does this sound correct? It seems to contradict most things I have been reading. Thanks for any help provided

I would apply for you family permit to be safe.

Courtneym
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: Non EU Spouse EEA FM

Post by Courtneym » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:01 pm

I think I have found my answer here eea-route-applications/eea-faqs-common- ... 14867.html

I am a non visa national. I just want to be sure that this is somewhat up to date information as the post is from 2012.