ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KHC7968CZ
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by KHC7968CZ » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:12 pm

Hi all,

I appreciate I've not been very active on this forum but I thought I'd provide an update on my timeline for reference. Sulla, thank you for all your hard work for keeping everyone updated.

Documents were received at the Embassy of Ireland in London on 22 October 2018.
E-mail acknowledging receipt of application and documents received on 11 March 2019.
E-mail requesting confirmation of address for delivery of FBR Certificate and documents received today, 19 September 2019.

I'll post again once I've actually received my documents.

Macdo_Macdo
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Macdo_Macdo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:20 pm

I've also just received an email asking to confirm my address, hopefully only a couple of weeks away from having the certificate in my hands!!

Unfortunately this news comes two days after spending a stupid sum of money on an urgent, but now obsolete visa. I can confirm you have to actually be Irish before you get any of the associated luck.

My timeline:
Application received London embassy - 16 Oct. 2018
Official "Application received" email - 8 March 2019
Confirm address email - 19 Sept. 2019

Eowyn
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by Eowyn » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:29 pm

Hello again,

Congrats to all those who have been added since I was last on. I have an update!

I applied via the Edinburgh embassy (20th Nov 2018), got e-mail in March? I think to say now in Dublin.

Today I got an e-mail. Unfortunately it is asking for clarification.

They want up to date proof of address, and also "the witness in Section E of the application form has neither supplied an official stamp or a business card".

So I have to resubmit my form, witnessed again by someone from the approved list:

Garda Síochána/ Police Officer
School Principal/ Vice Principal/ Teacher/ School Secretary/ Pre-school Manager/ Montessori
Teacher/ Lecturer
Member of Clergy
Medical Doctor
Nurse
Physiotherapist
Speech Therapist
Pharmacist
Dentist
Lawyer
Notary Public/ Commissioner for Oaths
Peace Commissioner
Bank Manager/ Assistant Bank Manager or Credit Union Manager or Assistant Manager
Accountant
Elected Public Representative
Veterinary surgeon
Chartered Engineer

I have to include another 2 photos and return within 28days to ensure no delay.

I note that the list of accepted witnesses is now more expansive than the one actually on the form. I had trouble the last time getting a witness as I don't personally know anyone from those professions, and neither my GP, dentist nor bank manager would witness the form.

On the plus side, at least it seems my application has finally reached the top of the queue?

I hope I have interpreted correctly that if I return a witnessed form & photos within 28 days then my application will still proceed and not be sent to the back of the queue??

Eowyn
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by Eowyn » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:38 pm

Ooh, looks like a few of us received e-mails today!

Just annoyed that mine is going to be held up another few weeks while I get more photos and try to find another witness!

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:19 am

It's good to see so many people making progress with their applications. A confirmation of address means that you are probably a few weeks away from delivery. Light at the end of the tunnel indeed.

usczkat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by usczkat » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:35 am

My cert arrived today!! 19-9-19
Application was received and confirmed 22-8-2018.
Super happy! Hope to send for passport in next couple days.

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:44 am

usczkat wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:35 am
Warm congratulations. Can you tell me the date of FBR addition please?

usczkat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by usczkat » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:04 am

Sulla wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:44 am
usczkat wrote:
Warm congratulations. Can you tell me the date of FBR addition please?
Yes, of course, same day as my confirmation email... 10-9-2019.
Thank you Sulla, truly appreciate you and how diligently you willingly track the details for us.

spike18
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by spike18 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:50 pm

Pumps100 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:48 pm
Pumps100 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:20 am
Postman delivered my FBR certificate and documents this morning 17th September 2019.

For completeness I will record the timeline.

25.8.18 - Submitted application to London Embassy

29.8.18 - Dfa Received email

10.9.19 - Dfa Confirmation if address email (377 days)

17.9.19 - FBR & Docs returned (384 days). Date of FBR admission 10.9.19.

Summary

From date of application received to receipt of FBR 384 days or 1 year 19 days.

Regards

Ian
Now moving on to the passport.

Visited Solicitors office this morning got my signature witnessed, photos and photocopy of passport page 'certified'. Used original proofs of address.

Then posted to Cork this afternoon 18.9.19.

Will update when passport in my hands.

Ian
I applied for my passport today (having received my FBR Certificate on Monday) using Passport Express in Liverpool. It will be interesting to see how my timeline compares with Ian’s who applied in the normal way yesterday. I have a suspicion that the timescales may be rather similar,

We shall see. I will provide an update once I know more.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:16 pm

Update: passport showing as dispatched in tracker.

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:14 pm

usczkat wrote:

Glad to hear progress for anyone!

jgclancy

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:32 pm

News:

My cousin Laura got her FBR and applied for her passport also. Apparently just after my application was submitted, they changed the requirements!

She had 4 sets of photos rejected. CVS used the irish and american standards and all rejected. No further info is known currently, second hand info from my other cousin (Donna- her sister)

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:43 pm

Michael123 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:32 pm
News:

My cousin Laura got her FBR and applied for her passport also. Apparently just after my application was submitted, they changed the requirements!

She had 4 sets of photos rejected. CVS used the irish and american standards and all rejected. No further info is known currently, second hand info from my other cousin (Donna- her sister)
Makes me think I better redo my photos for my FBR application since I'm only at the 3 month point but I think they're getting more stringent on everything.

jgclancy

usczkat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by usczkat » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:39 am

Michael123 wrote:
News:

Yikes! I just went to Walgreens to get mine, they referred me to Costco, saying they are $5.00 for 4.
Wondering what might have gone wrong with your cousins. If you hear more please Kerry us, me know!
Thank you Michael

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:43 am

I am curious as to the witness part.. lll ask and get back to you Guy’s

Wims
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wims » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:44 am

Morning all,

Just had the postman drop off my children’s certificates, over the moon!

Was a year to the day from postage

For the records

Posted forms 21/09/18
Received email confirming receipt 24/09/18
Received email confirming address 12/09/19
Dates of Entry onto FBR 12/09/19
Certificates in hand 21/09/19

Now for their passports!

Thanks to the good people of this board for your updates and sharing of info, it’s been a long old slog and without this board we would have been completely in the dark

All the best to those still waiting

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:44 pm

Wims wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:44 am
Morning all,

For the records

Posted forms 21/09/18

Now for their passports!

Thanks to the good people of this board for your updates and sharing of info, it’s been a long old slog and without this board we would have been completely in the dark

Congrats and hope the passport return is speedy for you. Official only on day 90 for me but 3 months down and hopefully only 9 to go! Yes, having this message boards helps one to have a realistic view of what to expect.
jgclancy

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:51 pm

Wims wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:44 am
Morning all,

For the records

Posted forms 21/09/18

Now for their passports!

Congratulations. I'm glad that your long wait has come to an end. Best of luck with the passport stage.

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Post by PasadenaTom » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:41 am

Michael123 wrote:
To which consulate did she send her application? When I sent mine last year, the instructions from the San Francisco specifically said that US-sized photos were OK. They end up getting digitized, so I can understand that size may be less important. There are specific requirements about the background and having a neutral facial expression. Perhaps she was smiling too much?

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:13 am

PasadenaTom wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:41 am
Michael123 wrote:
To which consulate did she send her application? When I sent mine last year, the instructions from the San Francisco specifically said that US-sized photos were OK. They end up getting digitized, so I can understand that size may be less important. There are specific requirements about the background and having a neutral facial expression. Perhaps she was smiling too much?

Hey Tom!!!

It was Boston. This is also where my application was processed and it also noted that the US format of 2x2 is acceptable. I was told that the requirement changed since I submitted mine on July 5.

Gennart Meehan
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by Gennart Meehan » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:26 am

Gennart Meehan wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:03 pm
Gennart Meehan wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:32 pm
Hello everyone - here is my (as yet inconclusive) timeline:

Application to be entered on to the FBR acknowledged as received at London Embassy - 7th February 2018
Email from Dublin, 'Unable to proceed as baptismal certificates are not acceptable' (rule changed in January unbeknownst to me) - 19th June 2018
Application to register birth of Grandmother (1879) sent to General Register Office - 24th August 2018
Birth registered - 15th September 2018
Application to be entered on to the FBR acknowledged as received at London Embassy - 1st October 2018
Nothing received since then.

GM
Still nothing - I go on Sulla's list as 1st October 2018 receipt (London Embassy) - pending

GM
'Clarification of Address' email received 19th of September 2019. Operative text:

'Your application for entry into the Foreign Births Register will be approved shortly and a Foreign Birth Registration Certificate and your original documents will be returned to you by registered post, which will require a signature on delivery.

To ensure these documents are dispatched to the correct address you should confirm your address by return email. If you have moved address since you completed your application you should provide a scanned copy of proof of that new address e.g. original utility bills, bank statements, government correspondence.

Your application will not be approved until you confirm your address."

GM

Luna2019
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Luna2019 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:24 pm

Hi all, and congratulations to those who have recently been added. That is wonderful.

I am an Irish citizen already as my dad was born in Ireland. I am applying for my kids. I recently renewed by Irish passport in NY. I made two mistakes in the passport app (submitting a short-form birth certificate instead of the long (I never knew there was a difference); and not including my parents' marriage license) that I suspect are now also wrong for my kids' foreign birth registration. The NY Consulate let me know right away and I sent them the missing documentation.

Does anyone know when they would let me know that I need to correct the paperwork? I am anxious for them to have everything they need. I submitted the applications at the beginning of August.

Many thanks, as always, to all, and especially to Sulla for keeping track of everything. It is reassuring to see the names get ticked off eventually.

Aion
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Aion » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:57 pm

I'm very pleased to say that my certificate arrived last week (dated 11th Sept). Now for the passport!

PMartin44
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by PMartin44 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:29 pm

Congratulations everyone who has received their certificates. I've been following this thread for a while without posting.

I'm based in the UK. I received email confirmation that they had received my application on 9/10/2018.

Today 23/09/2019 I had a phone call from Ireland asking if my address had changed. They said I should receive the certificate within 2 weeks which is great news.

I just wanted to let people know that they can call rather than email. So look out for a phone call too.

theonlyh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theonlyh » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:54 pm

PMartin44 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:29 pm
Congratulations everyone who has received their certificates. I've been following this thread for a while without posting.

I'm based in the UK. I received email confirmation that they had received my application on 9/10/2018.

Today 23/09/2019 I had a phone call from Ireland asking if my address had changed. They said I should receive the certificate within 2 weeks which is great news.

I just wanted to let people know that they can call rather than email. So look out for a phone call too.

I am in the UK and they received mine on 8th October 2018 but I haven’t heard anything yet. Starting to get impatient now and my family want all of the certificates back!