ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent's Visitors Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Parent's Visitors Visa

Post by immee » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:18 pm

Hi All.

i am a permanent UK resident, living with my wife and kids. My mother, who lives abroad have been in the UK twice. She visited UK for about 3 weeks during 2012 and then for 13 weeks during 2018. When she applied for a 6 months visa last year, she did mention in the application that she would be staying for 6-8 weeks. She came to join us at the birth of our child, however our baby was colic and my wife had multiple alergies, hence my mom stayed a bit extra (total of 13 weeks) to help us support with the post natal care.

She is now planning to visit us again in December for about 8 weeks, my questions is:
  • Would it be a good idea to mention as above in her cover letter, about why she stayed more then what she initially said she would ?, or mentioning nothing would be better as 13 weeks wasn't too long ?.... she stayed with us between Feb and May?
  • Does someone really know in family visits, what is normally considered as prolonged stay ? I know visitors cannot stay for 6 months, i also know that between 4-6 weeks is normal, but i dont know how 13 weeks would sound ?? :shock:

Singh_harv
India

Re: Parent's Visitors Visa

Post by Singh_harv » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:29 pm

In my opinion, she does not need to provide any reason for staying 13 weeks.

I have seen cases where people have have stated 6-8 weeks and stayed 3-4 months and when applying again, were granted visa without providing any reason.

Provide reason if their is refusal.

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:47 pm

Ye - Depends on the mood of ECO :D
My instintics were to mention it as it is, as i went through another thread, where someone's visa was refused just because they previously stayed longer then they initially asked for and ECO mentioned that no explaination was given for extending the stay. However, then i thought if i mention it, would it make it any legit reason for staying extra, from ECOs judgment point of view ? No clue really!

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:00 pm

Singh_harv wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:29 pm
In my opinion, she does not need to provide any reason for staying 13 weeks.

I have seen cases where people have have stated 6-8 weeks and stayed 3-4 months and when applying again, were granted visa without providing any reason.

Provide reason if their is refusal.
Just curious, don't know if you know the answer or if someone else could share their thoughts on it. Mom's in asian countries do get involved with a lot of post natal care with daughters (In some cases, daughters wouldn't even step in the Spam for months).. obviously this is common in that part of the world, but i don't know if UK immigration system instead perceives that as intention to CARE , instead of just joining the family on the joyous moment ? I am just asking this as someone i know are expecting their child in January and are planning to sponsor their visa to their parents and do want to mention that "their mom would help them with post natal care, given the complexities his wife has had in the past. But i said if you mention this, it might give an impression that you are bringing in someone to take care of your wife, instead of someone joining you at the important time in your lifetime.

Any thoughts ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:06 pm

immee wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:00 pm
I am just asking this as someone i know are expecting their child in January and are planning to sponsor their visa to their parents and do want to mention that "their mom would help them with post natal care, given the complexities his wife has had in the past. But i said if you mention this, it might give an impression that you are bringing in someone to take care of your wife, instead of someone joining you at the important time in your lifetime.

Any thoughts ?
In my opinion mentioning above might even make the success rate more slimmer because ECO will more likely think that the applicant will not return within her stated time.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:19 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:06 pm
immee wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:00 pm
I am just asking this as someone i know are expecting their child in January and are planning to sponsor their visa to their parents and do want to mention that "their mom would help them with post natal care, given the complexities his wife has had in the past. But i said if you mention this, it might give an impression that you are bringing in someone to take care of your wife, instead of someone joining you at the important time in your lifetime.

Any thoughts ?
In my opinion mentioning above might even make the success rate more slimmer because ECO will more likely think that the applicant will not return within her stated time.
Exactly !!
It like mom, i ain't eating sugar :lol: