ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

List of documents sent to prove eligibility for ILR under SET(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

haider12
Newly Registered

ILR Set M

Post by haider12 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:12 pm

hi,

I have been in the UK since July 2014 on a spouse visa.

my concern is that last year, I was away from the UK for 2 months at the beginning of the year and 3 months at the end of the year (on account of my mother in law falling severely ill).

even though I have not been away from the UK for more than 6 months, will this impact my ILR application? I am thinking of applying in August as my BRP expires in mid-Sept 19.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Set M

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:20 pm

There is NO absence limit for spouse settlement visa holders.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haider12
Newly Registered

List of documents sent to prove eligibility for ILR under SET(M)

Post by haider12 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:08 pm

Dear all,
This is not meant as immigration advice or a definitive list. This is merely to pass on my experience in hopes that it will help someone in a similar situation.

Please note:
- I am the spouse of a British citizen (by birth). We have a child (who is also a British citizen by birth). I was granted leave on a spouse visa and applied for ILR via from SET(M).

- I sat my English language test in Islamabad Pakistan in 2014 (IELTS). It was used for my FLR (M) application and was also used now.

- I sat for Life in the UK exam in July 2019.

- My BRP was expiring on 17/09/2019. I submitted my application on 10/09/2019 and went for my biometrics appointment on 16/09/2019. I paid for Super Priority (and got my approval the same day)

- My husband is a director of a limited company based in the UK. He also receives dividends from the same company so our Financial Requirements for eligibility were met by non-employment income (dividends) and employment income (his and mine).

- Because of the above, we had to supply information as per section 9 of Appendix FM-SE.

- I began my employment in May 2019 and have provided all the payslips available

During my appointment, I had the chance to speak to a number of solicitors who all proclaimed that getting ILR for SET(M) is easy as long as all the rules are followed. The rules being meeting the English language requirements, life in the UK Test, proving the relationship with the spouse, proving income that exceeds the threshold and proving residence.

It is for that reason I would advise all applicants to begin compiling the paperwork as early as possible. It would save you a considerable amount of stress.

Below is a list of all the documents I submitted for my ILR application. Everything was scanned and uploaded. Accompanying the below was a cover letter written by myself explaining my relationship with my spouse, the birth of my son, the English language requirement and explaining my extensive travels ( 5 months on two separate occasions) in 2018. This was done only as a precaution.

The general idea was to make a review of the application as easy for the caseworker as possible.

List of documents provided to prove eligibility for Indefinite Leave to Remain

1. Application Set(M) Form
2. Pakistani Passport - Applicant
3. British Passport – Spouse
4. British Residency Permit – Applicant
5. Pakistani National Identity card – Applicant
6. Pakistani National Identity Card – Spouse
7. ILR Cover Letter
8. Applicant’s Mother-in-laws surgery notes as proof of illness that kept her out of the country
9. Declaration signed by the applicant’s spouse
10. Life in the UK Pass Notification Letter
11. IELTS Test report

Proof of Relationship
12. Applicant and Spouse’s Marriage Registration Certificate
13. Applicant and Spouse’s Marriage Certificate (translated from Urdu to English)
14. Applicant and Spouse’s Marriage Certificate (Urdu – Original)
15. An affidavit accompanying Applicant and Spouse’s Marriage Certificate
16. Applicant Birth Certificate (translated to English)
17. Applicant Birth Certificate (Urdu)
18. Birth Certificate of Applicant and Spouse’s son
19. Child’s Certificate of Birth
20. Photos of Applicant, Spouse, and son

Education
21. Applicant ACCA Membership Certificate (Original)
22. ACCA’s Letter of Equivalency

Residence
23. Copy of Land Registry for Residence
24. Copy of Deed for Residence
25. Copy of letter from solicitors confirming purchase of Residence
26. Declaration signed by Spouse permitting Applicant living in Residence

Proof of correspondence
27. Poll Card 2019 Applicant
28. Poll Card 2019 Spouse
29. NHS Letter – Spouse
30. Letter from Transport for London – Spouse
31. Letter from Transport for London – Applicant
32. Thames Water Bill August 2019 – Spouse & Applicant
33. Letter from HMRC March 2018 – Applicant
34. Thames Water bill September 2018 - Spouse & Applicant
35. Annual Electricity Summary Nov 2017 – 31 October 2018 - Spouse & Applicant
36. Poll Card 2017 Applicant
37. Poll Card 2017 Spouse
38. Letter from the borough of residence – Spouse
39. Electricity Bill September 2017 - Spouse & Applicant
40. Letter from Home Office February 2017 – Applicant
41. Letter from the borough of residence – Applicant

Evidence as directed by Appendix FM-SE for a director of a limited company based in the UK
42. Company Confirmation Statement 2019
43. Company Confirmation Statement 2018
44. Company Annual Return and Statement of shareholdings as registered at Companies House
45. Company Unaudited Financial Statements as at 31 March 2018
46. Company CT600 for the year ended 31 March 2018
47. Company Proof of payment of Corporation Tax Liability as at 31 March 2018
48. Spouse Personal Bank statements 08 March 2017 – 08 April 2018
49. Spouse slips March 2017 – March 2018
50. Dividend Voucher as at March 2018
51. Company Bank statements 03 April 2017 – 30 April 2018

Proof of Employment for Spouse
52. Letter from Employer for Spouse
53. Appointment of Director Companies House – Spouse
54. P60 for the tax year to 05 April 2019 – Spouse
55. Spouse Pay slips August 2018 – August 2019
56. Spouse Personal Bank statements 07 July 2018 – 06 Sept 2019

Proof of Employment for Applicant
57. Letter from Employer for Applicant
58. Applicant Pay slips May 2019 – August 2019
59. Employment Contract for Applicant
60. Applicant Personal Bank Statements 02 January 2019 – 1 September 2019

Best of luck to all. And a massive thank you to the forum and everyone who works hard at maintaining it. It is a vital source of information that, I hope, continues to help others as it did me.

Mmoody
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Re: List of documents sent to prove eligibility for ILR under SET(M)

Post by Mmoody » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:57 pm

Thank you for your helpful information.My understanding is as self employed or directed of limited company we need to use the most recent financial year to fulfill the financial requirements, but i saw in your post that you used the year 17-18 not 18-19. as you applied after April2019.Can you explain that. Thank you.

haider12
Newly Registered

Post by haider12 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:58 am

The company’s most recent year end is 31 March 2019.
It is not required by the companies house to file its financial statements until 31 December 2019.
As the financial statements for year ended 31 March 2019 were not available, nor was the ct600.

Thereby the most recent available financial statements were for year ended 31 March 2018.

While you can get your accountant to produce and file the latest financial statements, we could not due to the fact that I started working on my application a little later then I should have.

In any case, because these were technically the latest financial statements available, the HO accepted them.

haider12
Newly Registered

Post by haider12 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:04 am

For self assessment, tax returns for tax year 2018/19 are not due until 31 January 2020.

However, I would advise everyone to file their taxes and get their accountants to produce the company’s financial statements as soon as they come due especially if you are applying under other visa categories.

haider12
Newly Registered

Post by haider12 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:05 am

Please note , we didn’t supply any personal tax returns because they weren’t asked for in our requirements . Only those stating themselves as self employed are asked for SA302