ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa for parents - Unable to download document checklist from Gov.Uk website

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chaitrabs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Visitor Visa for parents - Unable to download document checklist from Gov.Uk website

Post by chaitrabs » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:58 am

:?: :?: Hi All,

I am new to this board, came across this board while I started visitor visa application for my parents and it really helped me a lot in finding answers for most of my questions I had before completing the application.

I have completed application now and paid fee as well. But there is a problem in downloading the supporting document checklist. Below is the error message. It is been 2 days I am waiting to download the checklist.

============================================================
We are currently experiencing issues with our downloadable document checklist.

This feature has been temporarily disabled and we are working as quickly as possible to fix the problem. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If this affects you and you are not able to download your checklist, you should download a copy of your application form below and go to the documents section.

You should also bring a copy of this to your “documents and biometrics” appointment.

None of your information will be lost and your application will not be affected.

==========================================================

Please let me know if anyone has any suggestion on this. As per the post I have read, it seems like a mandatory document to carry to Bio-metric appointment. I have less time to wait on this as I need my parents here in UK urgently.

Thank you so much

Singh_harv
India

Re: Visitor Visa for parents - Unable to download document checklist from Gov.Uk website

Post by Singh_harv » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:57 pm

I had the same issue when completing application for one of my relative. I checked it after few days and was able to download the checklist.

Btw application centres are strict (like Chandigarh) and want the document checklist.

When is their appointment?

chaitrabs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor Visa for parents - Unable to download document checklist from Gov.Uk website

Post by chaitrabs » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:49 pm

Hi,

Singh_harv - thank you so much for your response.

I have not yet taken appointment as it shows downloading that checklist is a mandatory action and it needs to be carried to the appointment.I will be booking appointment in Bangalore (India) once I get this checklist.

I read in one of the recent post that they are waiting from August 2019 and it still shows the same error message which I posted in my first message. So I'm bit worried as I really cant wait for months.

Do you have any idea if we can contact someone on this and get it fixed?

Thank you very much.

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:14 pm

I would recommend booking appointment and get your documents ready.

You can wait until the appointment day and if you are still getting the same error for checklist, print the error page & take a copy of your application alongside.

chaitrabs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by chaitrabs » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:37 pm

Hi,

I have all the documents ready and just waiting to book my appointment. Will wait for 2-3 more days and will go ahead with error screen print out if I still cant download by then.

Just one more concern , below message come up on the error screen
====================================

There are some more actions below that you must complete. Your application may not be successful if you do not complete the mandatory actions.

Mandatory actions
Download your supporting documents checklist

Make arrangements to provide your documents and biometrics

=====================================

Downloading that checklist is a mandatory action and not doing it may make my application unsuccessful or I do not know how how that might impact the application.

Many thanks

chaitrabs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by chaitrabs » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:36 pm

Hi,

I have few more questions

1) Will that checklist be given back to us after the appointment or taken by VFS along with other documents?
2) I have uploaded all sponsor documents to VFS online account , So do my parents still need to carry the copy to the appointment?

Highly appreciate your response.

Thank you

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:26 pm

I am not sure about checklist, will check with my relatives and come back to you.

Its best to take copies at the appointment. I have seen cases where people have uploaded on vfs but when they went to the appointment they said documents are not uploaded correctly/they are missing. So best to take copies.

You can email them and they can print the documents. Ukvi will accept

Izzy99
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Izzy99 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:17 am

chaitrabs wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:37 pm
Hi,

I have all the documents ready and just waiting to book my appointment. Will wait for 2-3 more days and will go ahead with error screen print out if I still cant download by then.

Just one more concern , below message come up on the error screen
====================================

There are some more actions below that you must complete. Your application may not be successful if you do not complete the mandatory actions.

Mandatory actions
Download your supporting documents checklist

Make arrangements to provide your documents and biometrics

=====================================

Downloading that checklist is a mandatory action and not doing it may make my application unsuccessful or I do not know how how that might impact the application.

Many thanks
Hey there, I’ve got the same issue on a Fiancé family visa. Have you managed to get the checklist yet?

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:27 am

chaitrabs wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:36 pm
Hi,

I have few more questions

1) Will that checklist be given back to us after the appointment or taken by VFS along with other documents?

Highly appreciate your response.

Thank you
Regarding this question, the document checklist was returned. I think they use the barcode in the document checklist and then return it.

chaitrabs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by chaitrabs » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:40 pm

Hi,

Thank you Singh_harv.

Surprisingly its allowing me to download the checklist today :D

So, I will proceed booking appointments.

Best Regards,

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:43 pm

Great to hear. Good luck do post your timeline.

chaitrabs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by chaitrabs » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:07 pm

Hi,

My parents completed their bio-metric appointment today. VFS has not taken any original document from parents except their passport and the document checklist.

Not sure if they had to take originals of applicant documents ( like land/house papers).

Will update about the Visa results as soon as we hear from them.

Thanks.

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:39 pm

They normally scan & return the original papers. Good luck.

chaitrabs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by chaitrabs » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:41 am

Hi,

I received an email for my fathers application on 26/09/2019 from MADRAVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk stating that

"Your UK visa application has now been received at the British Deputy High Commission in Chennai and will shortly be considered by an Entry Clearance Officer."

But I have not received any confirmation email on my mothers application yet. Might get it next week.

Thanks

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:55 am

Good luck

EdandJoy
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by EdandJoy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:29 pm

Hi, Very interesting topic. I was just wondering... When you uploaded the cheklist online, did you uploaded signed or not? At the signature section they say:
========
IMPORTANT: do not sign until you are at your appointment.
========
It's clear that you will sign the paper at the appointment, but if you want to upload it before, it has any value without the signature? Or maybe upload a signed one on the VFS website and go with an empty one to sign there on the spot?
Any suggestions?
Thank you"