ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Germany Refugee Marries a UK National

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rah2017
United Kingdom

Germany Refugee Marries a UK National

Post by Rah2017 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:09 pm

Hello, My query is regarding my cousin who is on refugee status in Germany where his case has been dismissed on two accounts. He is married to a British citizen. Now for the UK spouse visa, he has been told that he would have to return to his country for his wife to be able to apply. yet his plea in his case has been that his life is in danger so how can he return to back to Pakistan.

He is asking can he apply for a spouse visa on Pakistani passport from Germany. because all that is required for the visa process can be done at the embassy in Germany?

Please if someone can help?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Germany Refugee Marries a UK National

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:51 pm

He can only apply in a country where he has legal residence/status. He clearly does not have that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Germany Refugee Marries a UK National

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:18 am

Rah2017 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:09 pm

Hello, My query is regarding my cousin who is on refugee status in Germany where his case has been dismissed on two accounts. He is married to a British citizen. Now for the UK spouse visa, he has been told that he would have to return to his country for his wife to be able to apply. yet his plea in his case has been that his life is in danger so how can he return to back to Pakistan.

He is asking can he apply for a spouse visa on Pakistani passport from Germany. because all that is required for the visa process can be done at the embassy in Germany?

Please if someone can help?

May be a long shot but it does worth digging.

If his British wife goes to Germany and start exercising Treaty Rights as an EU citizen, your cousin can then use EU laws. He would have a chance to get an EEA residence without leaving Germany.

No guarantees here, but I have seen it working a couple of times.

Other than that, the only option is he goes back to Pakistan and apply from there. His wife has to work and meet the requirements for her to be able to support his spouse VISA.