ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

University Letter To Support English Medium

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DJ007
Newly Registered

University Letter To Support English Medium

Post by DJ007 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:15 pm

IT WOULD BE VERY GENEROUS IF SOMEONE CAN GIVE ME THE IDEA ABOUT WHAT WOULD BE THE REQUIRED "FORMAT" TO GET A LETTER FROM UNIVERSITY TO PROVE THAT THE MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION FOR MY BACHELORS DEGREE WAS ENGLISH.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:19 pm

You dont require such letter in any circumstances. If your qualification is on BIA points calculator, only your Degree Certificate would be enough. If it is not on points calculator, you need to give approved English language test (e.g. IELTS, etc.)

Read guidance notes carefully for required documents.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: University Letter To Support English Medium

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:19 pm

DJ007 wrote:IT WOULD BE VERY GENEROUS IF SOMEONE CAN GIVE ME THE IDEA ABOUT WHAT WOULD BE THE REQUIRED "FORMAT" TO GET A LETTER FROM UNIVERSITY TO PROVE THAT THE MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION FOR MY BACHELORS DEGREE WAS ENGLISH.
Though off-topic, but reading this will also be helpful.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nitind_k
Newly Registered

refer to caseworker's manul

Post by nitind_k » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:14 pm

[code]You dont require such letter in any circumstances. If your qualification is on BIA points calculator, only your Degree Certificate would be enough. If it is not on points calculator, you need to give approved English language test (e.g. IELTS, etc.)
[/code]

Please refer to 'English language' caseworker manual under

[url]http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... rguidance/[/url]

clearly states that
"
Evidence required for Bachelor degrees taught in English
Applicants should provide both their original degree certificate and an original letter from the awarding body confirming the course was taught in English.
The original degree certificate should clearly show:
• the date of the award; and
• the title of the award; and
• the name of the awarding institution; and
• their name.
The original letter from the awarding body should show:
• the applicant’s name;
• the qualification obtained;
• the date of award of the degree;
• that the course was taught in English.
"[/code]

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Re: refer to caseworker's manul

Post by CoolestGuyC » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:27 pm

I was referring to Tier 1 Visa. The guidance notes you are quoting are for HSMP.
nitind_k wrote:

Code: Select all

You dont require such letter in any circumstances. If your qualification is on BIA points calculator, only your Degree Certificate would be enough. If it is not on points calculator, you need to give approved English language test (e.g. IELTS, etc.)

Please refer to 'English language' caseworker manual under

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... rguidance/

clearly states that
"
Evidence required for Bachelor degrees taught in English
Applicants should provide both their original degree certificate and an original letter from the awarding body confirming the course was taught in English.
The original degree certificate should clearly show:
• the date of the award; and
• the title of the award; and
• the name of the awarding institution; and
• their name.
The original letter from the awarding body should show:
• the applicant’s name;
• the qualification obtained;
• the date of award of the degree;
• that the course was taught in English.
"[/code]

DJ007
Newly Registered

Post by DJ007 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:35 am

First of all thanks for taking interest.

Sorry i didnt mention that my inquiry was regarding HSMP, but if am not wrong HSMP falls in Tier 1 Category, right "COOLESTGUYC"?? If so, there should be same rules.

As suggested by CoolestGuyC, i checked my qualification on BIA point calculator, but am little confused as which category to choose as i've done B.Tech(I.T/4year) from Sikkim Manipal Institute of Tech, so the B.tech falls under (Honours/Special) or (min. four year program) or (ordinary/pass)??? i know it sounds stupid but i want to make it sure as after choosing second option am not getting 10 points.

Please help.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:10 am

but if am not wrong HSMP falls in Tier 1 Category, right "COOLESTGUYC"??
No, it does not. HSMP is not same as Tier 1, there are certain substantial differences. If you have applied for HSMP Approval letter prior to June 30, 2008 then above guidance would be valid.

If you are going to apply in near future then you can apply ONLY for Tier 1 and not HSMP(it closed on 30 June). For applying in Tier 1 scheme, read only Tier 1 guidance and not HSMP guidance.
As suggested by CoolestGuyC, i checked my qualification on BIA point calculator, but am little confused as which category to choose as i've done B.Tech(I.T/4year) from Sikkim Manipal Institute of Tech, so the B.tech falls under (Honours/Special) or (min. four year program) or (ordinary/pass)??? i know it sounds stupid but i want to make it sure as after choosing second option am not getting 10 points.
You should use (min. 4 years program). for your application.

DJ007
Newly Registered

Post by DJ007 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:49 am

Thanks for clarifying....also can you please answer my previous query regarding english medium qualification??

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:51 am

DJ007 wrote:Thanks for clarifying....also can you please answer my previous query regarding english medium qualification??
I already did!

You should use (min. 4 years program). for your application.

DJ007
Newly Registered

Post by DJ007 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:03 am

Sorry dude but i think you didnt get my question....As am calculating my points on 'BIA point calculator' under Tier 1, there is second last section where i've to obtain 10 points for my bachelors(B.tech) degree and prove that its been taught in English medium. The Database showing my institution i.e Sikkim manipal inst of tech(India), but am not sure which option to choose for course as i stated in my one of the previous query.

Thanks

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:08 am

What is the final outcome then?

Do you require the English language certificate or not?

I am in the same situation - My degree course is on the BIA points calculator, will my degree certificate be sufficient in this case.

Thanks!!

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:19 am

I am in the same situation - My degree course is on the BIA points calculator, will my degree certificate be sufficient in this case.
yes

Satnov
Newly Registered

qualification

Post by Satnov » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:41 am

Hey guys - can you clarify what was the final outcome - which one did they choose and was the application successful