ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PMartin44
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by PMartin44 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:11 pm

theonlyh wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:54 pm
PMartin44 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:29 pm
Congratulations everyone who has received their certificates. I've been following this thread for a while without posting.

I'm based in the UK. I received email confirmation that they had received my application on 9/10/2018.

Today 23/09/2019 I had a phone call from Ireland asking if my address had changed. They said I should receive the certificate within 2 weeks which is great news.

I just wanted to let people know that they can call rather than email. So look out for a phone call too.

I am in the UK and they received mine on 8th October 2018 but I haven’t heard anything yet. Starting to get impatient now and my family want all of the certificates back!
You'll probably hear from them very soon.

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Post by PasadenaTom » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:56 am

Michael123 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:13 am
Hey Tom!!!

It was Boston. This is also where my application was processed and it also noted that the US format of 2x2 is acceptable. I was told that the requirement changed since I submitted mine on July 5.
Hi Michael! I will be interested to find out how the requirement changed, as I have one cousin who is looking to apply for a passport (through New York). I also know a couple of other folks who are looking to embark on the FBR journey.

Looking at the DFA passport photo requirements web page, I don't see anything that looks new. And it doesn't seem like passport photo requirments would change much. Maybe not properly witnessed?

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:35 am

No, not the witness part at all!

1st set was too blurry
2nd - 4th set were wrong size.

After the 1st set, the consulate told her to deliver the pictures and not to have them witnessed. The lady said she saw the witness’s signature on the original and noted it matched the witness on the application and she would advise the passport service of this. They have accepted the 5th set.

Note: if you get an application from an embassy or consulate, the instructions vary greatly from the instructions that come with the passport itself, the consulate added a set of instructions that were not the same! For example, the consulate instructions said 2x2 inch (USA Passport photo size) is required and the application instructions the ___mm x __mm (Irish size) is required. Consulate also states the fee is higher than the passport instructions. I flowed the consulate instructions as I considered them to be an amended version and also figured such with the higher fee.

theonlyh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theonlyh » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:04 am

PMartin44 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:11 pm
theonlyh wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:54 pm
PMartin44 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:29 pm
Congratulations everyone who has received their certificates. I've been following this thread for a while without posting.

I'm based in the UK. I received email confirmation that they had received my application on 9/10/2018.

Today 23/09/2019 I had a phone call from Ireland asking if my address had changed. They said I should receive the certificate within 2 weeks which is great news.

I just wanted to let people know that they can call rather than email. So look out for a phone call too.

I am in the UK and they received mine on 8th October 2018 but I haven’t heard anything yet. Starting to get impatient now and my family want all of the certificates back!
You'll probably hear from them very soon.
Missed a call from No Caller ID this morning!

Billy Hicks
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Billy Hicks » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:29 pm

Billy Hicks wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:11 pm
Sent off documents in September 2018 (not sure of the exact date but about this time a year ago). Application received on January 14th 2019, so looks like I have a few more months to wait.

My slight worry is that my British passport (scanned in for application) has since expired and been renewed, so I hope that doesn't affect the application too much.
And today (24/9/19) I got a confirmation of address email, which was a nice surprise - on my birthday as well!

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:49 pm

[

And today (24/9/19) I got a confirmation of address email, which was a nice surprise - on my birthday as well!
[/quote]

Happy Birthday Indeed!!!
jgclancy

Jacqui309
United Kingdom

Post by Jacqui309 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:56 pm

jgclancy wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:49 pm
[

Happy Birthday Indeed!!!
jgclancy
[/quote]

It is my birthday on Monday, perhaps that is what they have been waiting for.......getting closer to 16 months!

usczkat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by usczkat » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:04 pm

Michael123 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:35 am

1st set was too blurry

After the 1st set, the consulate told her to deliver the pictures and not to have them witnessed. The lady said she saw the witness’s signature on the original and noted it matched the witness on the application and she would advise the passport service of this. They have accepted the 5th set.

Note: if you get an application from an embassy or consulate, the instructions vary greatly from the instructions that come with the passport itself, the consulate added a set of instructions that were not the same! For example, the consulate instructions said 2x2 inch (USA Passport photo size) is required and the application instructions the ___mm x __mm (Irish size) is required. Consulate also states the fee is higher than the passport instructions. I flowed the consulate instructions as I considered them to be an amended version and also figured such with the higher fee.

Thanks Michael.
I sent mine off yesterday to sf consulate. I called to check on a couple discrepancies I saw. I had a passport appl sent to me by sf consulate so I would have it ready when I got the cert.
The sf appl was from 2015. There was also an appl with my cert from IE, dated 2017. I used that one.
One thing was different, the IE instructions stated the ID could be signed by the witness that was signing the appl and photos, no need for notary.
Then I was a bit worried about my photos, having a wee bit of a smile... (but no teeth showing)!😅
SF consulate called back today and said all should be well, they would be scanning all to IE. And when complete and passport arrives, I will get the docs back, unless I need them sooner.
The appl for passport shows delivered to sf consulate today 24/9/19, I mailed it yesterday, 23/9/19.
Tick tock....

usczkat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by usczkat » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:07 pm

Jacqui309 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:56 pm
jgclancy wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:49 pm
[

Happy Birthday Indeed!!!
jgclancy
It is my birthday on Monday, perhaps that is what they have been waiting for.......getting closer to 16 months!
[/quote]

Congrats and happy birthday @jgclancy!

@Jacqui309 I sent an email a couple times in the 2 months before I finally got mine, (they did not respond)... Have you tried to do that just for kicks and giggles?

spiderplants
European Union

Post by spiderplants » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:30 pm

Great to read about so many recent approvals. I was approved today! I think it would have happened a few weeks ago but for a few questions about documents. But very happy and relieved. Great service from Dublin once my case was allocated to a case officer. So, I'm about 53 weeks from original receipt of application.

usczkat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by usczkat » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:54 pm

spiderplants wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:30 pm
Great to read about so many recent approvals. I was approved today! I think it would have happened a few weeks ago but for a few questions about documents. But very happy and relieved. Great service from Dublin once my case was allocated to a case officer. So, I'm about 53 weeks from original receipt of application.
Great news, things certainly have taken a shift this past week or two! Congrats!!

spiderplants
European Union

Post by spiderplants » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:05 pm

usczkat wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:54 pm
spiderplants wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:30 pm
Great news, things certainly have taken a shift this past week or two! Congrats!!
Thank you!

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:22 am

Congratulations to everyone who recently received certificates or address confirmations - on their birthday or otherwise. It does seem that progress is being made on the August / September applications and that many people are hearing good news. It's about time really. A full year has passed for most of these applicants. However, I'm wary of proclaiming that things are speeding up or turning around on the basis of people being informed of their success at or beyond the one year mark. This is still well beyond posted guidance for non-complex cases.

We need to see more non-complex, direct to Dublin applications being processed in times well under a year before I will feel confident that the corner has been turned.

Jacqui - Hang in there. Your case is really unfortunate. I'm sure everyone here wishes that you will hear something good soon.

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Post by PasadenaTom » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:00 am

Michael123 wrote:

1st set was too blurry
I am sure this gives comfort to other applicants that there isn't some new set of standards. It sounds like her photographer was a lot (maybe all) of the problem.
Michael123 wrote:
I followed the consulate instructions as I considered them to be an amended version and also figured such with the higher fee.
I did too. There were about eight pages of instructions and FAQs from the consulate - including a page on green paper that specifically said that the US passport photo size was acceptable. Those were helpful. And since the consulates do the initial processing, it's probably best to follow their instructions if they seem to vary from the application form.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:14 am

usczkat wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:04 pm
Michael123 wrote:

1st set was too blurry

Thanks Michael.
I sent mine off yesterday to sf consulate. I called to check on a couple discrepancies I saw. I had a passport appl sent to me by sf consulate so I would have it ready when I got the cert.
The sf appl was from 2015. There was also an appl with my cert from IE, dated 2017. I used that one.
One thing was different, the IE instructions stated the ID could be signed by the witness that was signing the appl and photos, no need for notary.
Then I was a bit worried about my photos, having a wee bit of a smile... (but no teeth showing)!😅
SF consulate called back today and said all should be well, they would be scanning all to IE. And when complete and passport arrives, I will get the docs back, unless I need them sooner.
The appl for passport shows delivered to sf consulate today 24/9/19, I mailed it yesterday, 23/9/19.
Tick tock....

I delivered my application to the consulate in person, I got my docs back immediately, the copied them and signed that she saw the originals.

According to both cousins, the photo requirements did change.

I arraigned for the consulate to call me (should be this week) when my passport arrives. Myself amd Cousin Donna will go out for an Irish breakfast, get my passport, take our pictures for the passport cards (online application once a passport book has been issued), submit online application and stop for a guiness on the way home!

Billy Hicks
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Billy Hicks » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:35 am

Billy Hicks wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:29 pm
Billy Hicks wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:11 pm
Sent off documents in September 2018 (not sure of the exact date but about this time a year ago). Application received on January 14th 2019, so looks like I have a few more months to wait.

My slight worry is that my British passport (scanned in for application) has since expired and been renewed, so I hope that doesn't affect the application too much.
Congratulations email sent this morning (25/9/19) confirming I am now an Irish citizen - hope the certificate doesn't take too long to arrive now and I can start the passport process soon. My cousin also wants to join the FBR so some of these documents will probably be used again very soon!

Saturday marks six years since the passing of my grandfather who made this all possible. I'm sad he's not around for this, but at least I still have Irish friends and family who happily are.

PD9
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by PD9 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:00 am

Hi all,

Another long time lurker where this thread has promoted me to sign up - some members have done a tremendous job of tracking multiple applications. Well done.

I've just began the process of FBR. As I'm based in Scotland my application was sent straight to Dublin (Balbriggan). I got email confirmation that this was received yesterday (24/Sep/19), it'll be interesting to see how the application goes. I also included my brothers application and documentation also so we are doing a 'joint' application.

To assist with the documentation and lineage join up, I also included our great grandfathers birth certificate, although I am applying through our grandfather. I wonder if this will assist or help speed up application. I'll keep an eye on things. When I called before application submission the girl did note that it's around a 12 month turnaround to be realistic - so I thought it was odd when I received the email confirmation of 6 months turnaround yesterday?! For me - I'm in line and preparing myself for a 12 month wait!

Fingers crossed it's as smooth as possible. Will update the time line where necessary.

theonlyh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theonlyh » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:09 pm

I've had the email to confirm my address today and to tell me that my entry into the FBR will be approved shortly :)

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:14 pm

theonlyh wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:09 pm
I've had the email to confirm my address today and to tell me that my entry into the FBR will be approved shortly :)

Bravo!!! Love when another gets included.

jgclancy

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:16 am

PD9 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:00 am
Hi all,

Another long time lurker where this thread has promoted me to sign up - some members have done a tremendous job of tracking multiple applications. Well done.

I've just began the process of FBR. As I'm based in Scotland my application was sent straight to Dublin (Balbriggan). I got email confirmation that this was received yesterday (24/Sep/19), it'll be interesting to see how the application goes. I also included my brothers application and documentation also so we are doing a 'joint' application.

To assist with the documentation and lineage join up, I also included our great grandfathers birth certificate, although I am applying through our grandfather. I wonder if this will assist or help speed up application. I'll keep an eye on things. When I called before application submission the girl did note that it's around a 12 month turnaround to be realistic - so I thought it was odd when I received the email confirmation of 6 months turnaround yesterday?! For me - I'm in line and preparing myself for a 12 month wait!

Fingers crossed it's as smooth as possible. Will update the time line where necessary.

My grandmother was born in Cork, Ire and my grandfather in Aberdeen. I am hoping for Scottish independence, I would love to have a Scottish passport too!! I hear there might be another referendum because of Brexit and most of the Scottish voted to stay in the EU, your thoughts?

mattskilondon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mattskilondon » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:26 am

Michael123 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:16 am
My grandmother was born in Cork, Ire and my grandfather in Aberdeen. I am hoping for Scottish independence, I would love to have a Scottish passport too!! I hear there might be another referendum because of Brexit and most of the Scottish voted to stay in the EU, your thoughts?
I don't think this is the space to be raising Scottish independence nor Brexit per se. Please also be aware that those of us on this forum based in the UK are going through a time of unprecedented political crisis which is causing deep anxiety and concern. Some consideration to this fact would be appreciated.

Michael123
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by Michael123 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:40 am

mattskilondon wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:26 am
Michael123 wrote:
I don't think this is the space to be raising Scottish independence nor Brexit per se. Please also be aware that those of us on this forum based in the UK are going through a time of unprecedented political crisis which is causing deep anxiety and concern. Some consideration to this fact would be appreciated.
1. I don’t think its your place to tell me what I can or can not say.

2. My comment has effected you how?

3. I have been an active member here for quite sometime and have contributed, you?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:06 am

Michael123 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:40 am
mattskilondon wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:26 am
Michael123 wrote:
1. I don’t think its your place to tell me what I can or can not say.

2. My comment has effected you how?

3. I have been an active member here for quite sometime and have contributed, you?
I do have to agree with user mattskilondon, that this topic is not for thoughts or discussions on Scottish independence or brexit, regardless of how long someone has been a member or contributed to the forum topic.

Kindly keep this thread specifically for FBR, we wouldn't want another FBR topic to go off thread and be locked again!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Valiant24
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Valiant24 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:09 am

New list with recent updates. Quite a few pieces of good news recently from members. August 2018 applicants and date FBR applications received / added. All received dates 2018.

Thanks for this, it's a really valuable resource.

My application was submitted 16/08/18 and, aside from the auto-acknowledgement, I've had nothing so I seem to be the only Aug 2018 person who hasn't heard.

Does anyone have a phone number or email address that they know to be patrolled please, so that I might enquire as to progress?

Thanks!

emlyn
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by emlyn » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:21 am

Valiant24 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:09 am
Does anyone have a phone number or email address that they know to be patrolled please, so that I might enquire as to progress?
Contact details for FBR are available here. Telephone only, open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (Irish time).