ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nuna123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by nuna123 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:06 pm

RK3285 wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:46 pm
Hi,
I just want to ask a simple question. On average How long does it take to get approval letter. If you have applied as a Refugee status.

Thanks in advance....
When did you apply RK3285 ?

RK3285
Wales

Post by RK3285 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:37 pm

I applied end of July this year...

Refugees786
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Refugees786 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:41 pm

Hi dear, I applied for citizenship application on 7 Feb 2019, its 7 months now and I didn’t get anything from HO, still i m waiting I sent emails to the HO. I been to my local MP but nothing done. My dad passed away recently and my mum is in hospital in critical condition but i couldn't visit my home country because i applied as refugee . Refugee treated very badly and delaying their decision. any suggestions will be highly appreciated . thanks in advance. :( :(

Refugees786
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Refugees786 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:25 pm

Please my citizenship delayed more than 7 months but still I’m waiting. I applied as Refugee ILR but recently my dad passed away and my mum in critical condition in hospital. I can spend upto £5000 to get my decision. Please any suggestions and advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks

World Traveller
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by World Traveller » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:23 pm

Andromedax wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:29 am
World Traveller wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:56 am
Andromedax wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:13 am
Today I've received an email from my caseworker (I didn't know I had been assigned to one) with the Our reference number(Not the UKVI reference number I received when I sent off my application) asking me to confirm which council I want to have my ceremony. Now I'm wondering if this means the caseworker has made a decision or if it means they've just started to consider my application now.
I hope your decision letter (a positive one) is about to go out. By the way, do you mind sharing your timeline? Thanks
Congrats on getting your letter World Traveller! Here is my timeline:

Date of application: 24/06/2019
Date of acknowledgement: 25/06/2019
Date Biometrics enrolled: 25/06/2019
Date on Approval letter:Stil waiting... :shock:

This is very difficult because we have no idea how long it'll take (will it take just a few more weeks or will be months, years even?) and we have no idea of the outcome until we receive the letter. When I see other members applying months after me and getting their approvals within just 3 weeks or a month can be tough although I feel very happy for each one of them. In fact every time one of the members shares they received their letter and I check their timeline it gives me hope that soon mine will be approved too! Fingers crossed and good luck to us!
Thanks a lot, Andromedax.
I wish you all the best.

nuna123
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by nuna123 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:38 am

Refugees786 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:25 pm
Please my citizenship delayed more than 7 months but still I’m waiting. I applied as Refugee ILR but recently my dad passed away and my mum in critical condition in hospital. I can spend upto £5000 to get my decision. Please any suggestions and advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks
unfortunately you cant do anything other than wait you can try some solicitor but they will charge you and at the end they gonna say same thing to wait.By looking at the timeline refugees are the longest to wait it could take upto 2 years or even more its all about luck.

Zeebro44
United Kingdom

Post by Zeebro44 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:59 pm

nuna123 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:38 am
Refugees786 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:25 pm
unfortunately you cant do anything other than wait you can try some solicitor but they will charge you and at the end they gonna say same thing to wait.By looking at the timeline refugees are the longest to wait it could take upto 2 years or even more its all about luck.

It's just waiting game my friend just wait we cant do nothing my mom died she waiting for me 9 years and she gone. I applied 8 april and after few days its gona six month and I know what they will reply me after six month just wait that's it

topsecret
Mood:
Korea South

Post by topsecret » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:17 pm

Hi, All

Any one got approval letter in 2019 from Home Office for naturalization with ILR under Refugee rout ?
:roll:
Thanks in advance.

Lorenkwan1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Uganda

Post by Lorenkwan1 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:16 pm

topsecret wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:17 pm
Hi, All

Any one got approval letter in 2019 from Home Office for naturalization with ILR under Refugee rout ?
Thanks in advance.
Congratulations that is very good news and hope for the rest of us in your position. May I ask when you submitted your application?

mickey1112
Newly Registered

Post by mickey1112 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:25 pm

azdino7 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:27 am
Date of application: 08/02/2019
Date Biometrics enrolled: 15/02/2019 UKVCAS new service appointment
Date on Approval letter: waiting :shock:

when the application was over 5 months i sent an email for an update only get the one most of us getting: (All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 8th February 19, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.)
and few days after got a letter explaining that the checking process is not yet completed.

after 6 months asked again for an update and the reply was they can not add anything further from the last letter.

Please can you updated us about your progress. THANKS. Wishing you all the best :D

mickey1112
Newly Registered

Post by mickey1112 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:28 pm

amelie12 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:42 pm
Hi everyone,

I wrote to Home Office (Further Nationality Requests email) and received the following reply:

Hi

Thank you for your e-mail.

All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As your application was received on 16-Jun-2019, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered.

Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

Kind regards“

Does it mean that my application is being considered by a caseworker already or is it still in the queue?
Does anyone have similar experience?

Would appreciate your advice!
Please updated us as i have the same letter few days ago. We keep praying. :)

Zeebro44
United Kingdom

Post by Zeebro44 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:05 am

It's almost 6 months and no reply at all even no reply on emails I'm worried little bit now

Any one apply in april plz update your time line or emails .

mrafgsharoon

Post by mrafgsharoon » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:50 am

Hi everyone
I am also in the waiting list
I applied on 25-July-2017

Waiting for more than 2 years and 2 months still no sign of aproval contacting mp and Ho doesnt hellp at all all we can do is wait and wait everytime I contact HO I get standard replies ( external/ enternal checks have Not been completed ☻

cb090466
Newly Registered
Moldova

Post by cb090466 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:18 am

Zeebro44 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:05 am
It's almost 6 months and no reply at all even no reply on emails I'm worried little bit now

I have applied first few days of May, so pretty close to April. You can see my timeline on the timeline thread.

I appreciate it can be very annoying when people that apply after you get their answers sooner. In my case there are some complication, which explain why they would have done extra checks, so it is not entirely unreasonable for my case to take longer than other people's:
- I have dual nationality and have used them both at some point to enter UK (all legal, just complex)
- I had a different family name before my parents divorced so I guess maybe they have to check for the other name even if I was 12 at the time
- I was born in USSR, which wasn't known for being UK's biggest diplomatic ally, and I also grew up in an ex-Soviet state so I expect them to extra diligence my case

Perhaps there are reasons why your case is not straightforward either and it is reasonable for the Home Office to perform extra procedures.

topsecret
Mood:
Korea South

Post by topsecret » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:11 am

Lorenkwan1 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:16 pm
topsecret wrote:
Hi, All

Thanks in advance.
Congratulations that is very good news and hope for the rest of us in your position. May I ask when you submitted your application?

Eligibility criteria: 5 years + 1ILR Refugee Settlement
Language/LIUK Criteria: Trinity + Narc CRT + Life in UK
Nationality : Non-EU
Method of application: online
Date of application: 14/08/2019
Payment method: Debit card
Date of acknowledgement: 16/08/2019
Date of debit of fees: 14/08/2019
Date of bio metric Appointment letter received: 14/08/2019
Date Bio metrics enrolled:21/08/2019 (Sal-ford Manchester)
Receipt an email from caseworker: 24/09/2019
Date on Approval letter: tbc
Date of receipt of approval: tbc
Date of receipt of ceremony letter: tbc
Date of Ceremony:25/10/2019

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:44 pm

[quote=Zeebro44 post_id=1829913 time=1569387930 user_id=173816]

I made an application on the 1st April 2019 and I haven't heard anything back from HO.
I sent several emails since July and always got the same generic response :(
I know this is frustrating however the only thing we can do in the meantime is wait!!

All the best :)

Oria
Libya

Post by Oria » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:14 pm

topsecret wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:11 am
Lorenkwan1 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:16 pm
topsecret wrote:
Hi, All

Thanks in advance.

Eligibility criteria: 5 years + 1ILR Refugee Settlement
Language/LIUK Criteria: Trinity + Narc CRT + Life in UK
Nationality : Non-EU
Method of application: online
Date of application: 14/08/2019
Payment method: Debit card
Date of acknowledgement: 16/08/2019
Date of debit of fees: 14/08/2019
Date of bio metric Appointment letter received: 14/08/2019
Date Bio metrics enrolled:21/08/2019 (Sal-ford Manchester)
Receipt an email from caseworker: 24/09/2019
Date on Approval letter: tbc
Date of receipt of approval: tbc
Date of receipt of ceremony letter: tbc
Date of Ceremony:25/10/2019
Topsecret hi: have you already received your approval letter or approval by email? It took you only one month to receive it however Refugee case.

topsecret
Mood:
Korea South

Post by topsecret » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:51 pm

I received an email from caseworker, asking me to confirm which council I want to have ceremony because i moved home recently and update with HO 2 weeks before.

evalia
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by evalia » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:19 pm

[quote=topsecret post_id=1829607 time=1569327429 user_id=223151]

Could you please advise how were you able to book a ceremony with your council without the physical approval letter? Did the case worker provide new reference number in the approval EMAIL ? Lastly, did you emailed them at nationalitysupportteamfmt@homeoffice.gov.uk to update your address

I called my Council (Lambeth) and they insisted that I need a reference number (which is separate from my application ID), which I can only find out from the physical letter...

topsecret
Mood:
Korea South

Post by topsecret » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:00 pm

update the address using this link
https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/

showed them approval email from caseworker

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:19 pm

Ali12035 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:40 pm
Hi,

Is anyone facing problem to view UKVI application form?
Mine is saying;

We are currently experiencing issues with our downloadable document checklist.

This feature has been temporarily disabled and we are working as quickly as possible to fix the problem. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If this affects you and you are not able to download your checklist, you should download a copy of your application form below and go to the documents section.

You should also bring a copy of this to your “documents and biometrics” appointment.

None of your information will be lost and your application will not be affected.

Update.

Received an email

Thank you for your e-mail

You will be contacted by post within 21 working days

Thank you

FMT

FMT

Hope it will be good news and end of long journey

evalia
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by evalia » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:29 pm

Hi guys,

I am freaking out, I emailed nationalitysupportteamfmt@homeoffice.gov.uk for an update on my application on Monday and received this reply 2 days later:

" Please see below in response to your query;

Enrolment Issues

If you are experiencing any issues enrolling your biometrics please contact us at NationalityBiometricsOverseas@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Person Details

Please be aware if you have had a previous Home Office record, the details on your enrolment letter will reflect this record. Your requested personal details have been recorded and a caseworker will consider whether these can be amended later in the consideration process.

Given this, if the details are incorrect for another reason, please contact us at NationalityBiometricsOverseas@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to notify us of the correct information. Please be aware that any delay in enrolling your information will delay the consideration process.

Further Information

If you require any further information with regards to your application, please refer to our website https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... mmigration, in the first instance.

If you have difficulty locating the information that you require, you can email nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and you will receive an email giving links to the answers to most frequently asked questions and how to obtain further information if necessary.

Regards,

Nationality Group

UKVI"

DOES THIS MEAN THEY HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY BIOMETRICS WHICH I SUBMITTED WEEKS AGO VIA UKVCAS?
I got a confirmation text message that they have been submitted after my appointment.... :?

Please let me know if anyone received a similar reply and what it can possibly mean...

mouse2232
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by mouse2232 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:22 pm

Hello,

New here.

Signed up to extend my thanks to the wonderful posters here and to send my regards and good luck to those who are still waiting for an answer.

I received my approval letter today :D :D and i would like to share my experience if it will help encourage others.

I applied on the 1st of July 2019. I am a Nigerian National. I have lived here for 9 years approx. I came to this country in Sep 2010 as a student and applied, as the last set, for the PSV. On this basis, I got a job with a Tier 2 sponsorship where i sojourned for 5 years before i applied for ILR last Aug. I applied for BC on the 1st of Jul 2019 and received the approval today. The letter is dated 16th of Sep 2019. I await the council's letter for the ceremony.

I appreciate my case is a bit more straightforward when compared to others but I wanted to share regardless. I notice that the ability to access the UKVCAS does not tell you anything. I can still access it. I also do not know if the Biometrics sign up error on the Naturalisation site for gov.uk tells you anything either. I should however point out that I did send 2 emails to Home Office FMT email. I got this address from this site so I am very thankful for it.

Interestingly, 10 days ago, the Home Office wrote back after my follow up email asking if I had a caseworker to tell me that I did not. I was quite surprised to see they approved it so quickly after. Maybe the responder did not know or did not check. Either way, my feedback is

1. The Website changes do not mean anything - i refer to the UKVCAS and the GOV.UK
2. Emailing appears to at least get you on their radar but not sure if this helps in any way
3. It is not easy but please be patient. In time, it will come together.

Thanks and good luck to everyone. I will revert with any tips after the ceremony and passport.

mouse2232
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by mouse2232 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:22 pm

Hello,

New here.

Signed up to extend my thanks to the wonderful posters here and to send my regards and good luck to those who are still waiting for an answer.

I received my approval letter today :D :D and i would like to share my experience if it will help encourage others.

I applied on the 1st of July 2019. I am a Nigerian National. I have lived here for 9 years approx. I came to this country in Sep 2010 as a student and applied, as the last set, for the PSV. On this basis, I got a job with a Tier 2 sponsorship where i sojourned for 5 years before i applied for ILR last Aug. I applied for BC on the 1st of Jul 2019 and received the approval today. The letter is dated 16th of Sep 2019. I await the council's letter for the ceremony.

I appreciate my case is a bit more straightforward when compared to others but I wanted to share regardless. I notice that the ability to access the UKVCAS does not tell you anything. I can still access it. I also do not know if the Biometrics sign up error on the Naturalisation site for gov.uk tells you anything either. I should however point out that I did send 2 emails to Home Office FMT email. I got this address from this site so I am very thankful for it.

Interestingly, 10 days ago, the Home Office wrote back after my follow up email asking if I had a caseworker to tell me that I did not. I was quite surprised to see they approved it so quickly after. Maybe the responder did not know or did not check. Either way, my feedback is

1. The Website changes do not mean anything - i refer to the UKVCAS and the GOV.UK
2. Emailing appears to at least get you on their radar but not sure if this helps in any way
3. It is not easy but please be patient. In time, it will come together.

Thanks and good luck to everyone. I will revert with any tips after the ceremony and passport.

amelie12
United Kingdom

Post by amelie12 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:03 pm

Hello everyone,

just a quick question: has anyone who received the decision letter in a brown envelope seen any sign “DND - Do not divert” on it?

There were several threads here in the forum but I could not find a clear answer whether the post from Home Office can be redirected by Royal Mail in principle or not. Does anyone know for sure?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge in advance!