ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Refused (Entry Clearance Delhi)-Need Advise

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jas2013
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa Refused (Entry Clearance Delhi)-Need Advise

Post by Jas2013 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:29 pm

My best friend was a sponsor of his in-law's visit visa application. However, it was rejected as they didn't mention that their visa application to Ireland was rejected previously. Homeoffice in their letter have confirmed that they consider this as deception and therefore installed a 10- year ban. His in -laws have a good travel history and have travelled to Australia , New Zealand . Home office says that any further application will have similar results unless there is a change in circumstances. My question is what can they do to address this 'change in circumstances' and if they re-apply and state in a cover letter that it was a genuine mistake will home office take note of it. Also if my friend wants to apply a visit visa for his parents, will Home office look at his sponsorship with suspicion? thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor Visa Refused (Entry Clearance Delhi)-Need Advise

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:41 pm

Jas2013 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:29 pm
My best friend was a sponsor of his in-law's visit visa application. However, it was rejected as they didn't mention that their visa application to Ireland was rejected previously. Homeoffice in their letter have confirmed that they consider this as deception and therefore installed a 10- year ban. His in -laws have a good travel history and have travelled to Australia , New Zealand . Home office says that any further application will have similar results unless there is a change in circumstances. My question is what can they do to address this 'change in circumstances' and if they re-apply and state in a cover letter that it was a genuine mistake will home office take note of it.
Not disclosing the travel histories/visa applications even to other countries leads to deception and challenging that decision might be very difficult on grounds that why only a rejected decision wasn't mentioned but granted visa decisions/travel history to Australia & Newzealand was disclosed without mistake.
Jas2013 wrote:
Also if my friend wants to apply a visit visa for his parents, will Home office look at his sponsorship with suspicion? thank you
Maybe or maybe not depending on individual caseworkers.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:31 pm

Jas2013 wrote:
My question is what can they do to address this 'change in circumstances' and if they re-apply and state in a cover letter that it was a genuine mistake will home office take note of it.
Thinking like a case worker, for the way it sounds, it seems like they have omitted the previous visa application on purpose, and it's logical to be assumed as deception.

I guess it really depends on the grounds for the previous refusal. Why were they refused to get a visa in Ireland (I assume it was a tourist one)? Was it too long ago?

Jas2013 wrote:
Also if my friend wants to apply a visit visa for his parents, will Home office look at his sponsorship with suspicion? thank you
In an ideal situation, every application should be assessed in their own merit regardless of others applications. However, if the sponsor is the same for a previous application that got a 10-year ban, it's logical to think that the next application (even if it's for their parents) will be scrutinised further.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:28 am

Not disclosing material fact such as previous visa refusals is considered deception and attracts 10 years visa ban.

They don't recognize the concept of "honest mistake" and send them a letter with apologies is not going to change anything to that.

They need to wait until 2029 before applying again.

As a sponsor you have to be very careful and make sure the people you sponsor for a visa understands their responsibilities and how critical it is to submit accurate information. I personally refused to sponsor the visa for a friend because I know he has bad immigration history in a few EU countries. I didn't my name as a sponsor to be associated with his character. It's hard to quantify any effect that this would have had on me as a sponsor, but I have to be careful. The last thing I want is my name appearing in refused applications then later seeing my own family applications refused.