ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

traveling abroad proof of cohabitation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maggiec
Newly Registered
China

traveling abroad proof of cohabitation

Post by maggiec » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:23 pm

hi I recently got my first spouse visa and me and my husband are going to china for about 5 month to visit my family. I'm wondering how should I prove cohabitation during this time period?

thanks in advance
Maggie

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: traveling abroad proof of cohabitation

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:34 pm

maggiec wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:23 pm
hi I recently got my first spouse visa and me and my husband are going to china for about 5 month to visit my family. I'm wondering how should I prove cohabitation during this time period?

thanks in advance
Maggie
There is no absence threshold. If 5 months then it may not be heavier. Simply keep activate your bank accounts and couple of other direct debits generating receipts/statements. They will keep covered that duration with cohabitation evidences.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

maggiec
Newly Registered
China

Post by maggiec » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:37 am

seagul wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:34 pm
maggiec wrote:

thanks in advance
Maggie
There is no absence threshold. If 5 months then it may not be heavier. Simply keep activate your bank accounts and couple of other direct debits generating receipts/statements. They will keep covered that duration with cohabitation evidences.

Thanks for your reply. This makes sense, I’ll keep my bank account active during my traveling. There’s something else that I’d like to ask: since me and my husband are living with his parents atm, if they let the council know we are not living with them during our travel, but our letters are still sent to their address, Will this cause a problem (it seems a bit dodgy to me) cheers

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:41 am

maggiec wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:37 am
seagul wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:34 pm
maggiec wrote:

thanks in advance
Maggie

Thanks for your reply. This makes sense, I’ll keep my bank account active during my traveling. There’s something else that I’d like to ask: since me and my husband are living with his parents atm, if they let the council know we are not living with them during our travel, but our letters are still sent to their address, Will this cause a problem (it seems a bit dodgy to me) cheers
No issue
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:53 pm

maggiec wrote:
me and my husband are living with his parents atm, if they let the council know we are not living with them during our travel, but our letters are still sent to their address, Will this cause a problem (it seems a bit dodgy to me) cheers
What is meant to be achieved by them letting the council know that you won't be living with them during your travel?

On return from your travel, will you not resume living with them?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:28 pm

Korekt wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:53 pm
maggiec wrote:
me and my husband are living with his parents atm, if they let the council know we are not living with them during our travel, but our letters are still sent to their address, Will this cause a problem (it seems a bit dodgy to me) cheers
What is meant to be achieved by them letting the council know that you won't be living with them during your travel?

On return from your travel, will you not resume living with them?
What op is confused about is when he and his partner will be away from that accommodation then his post (proof of cohabitation) will keep arriving at same address. That isn't an issue at all and their parents dont need to inform to council even if they will not live there on arrival as long as the correct amount of council tax getting paid.