ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum Seeker Applicant due British Naturalisation (Good or Bad Character)?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Re: Asylum Seeker Applicant due British Naturalisation (Good or Bad Character)?

Post by Route to ILR » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:45 pm

raobolton wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:43 pm
Route to ILR wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:20 pm
raobolton wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:41 am
Dear Sir or Madam,

Good morning to everyone,

I am new, my friend just gave your forum link and I joined now.

My question for member of the forum as per following statement and needs helpful opinions;

I came to UK with family on 12 July 2008 at Manchester with valid visitor visa for six months, I was claim asylum after 3 months on 14 Oct 2008 at Liverpool Water Street Home Office. After one year my application of asylum refused, I appealed in court and refused, then higher Court of Appeal and was refused but after two months I got Discretionary Leave to Remain on out of immigration rules of 6 years route in 05 Jun 2012 (plus 1 extension), I got settlement (ILR) on 16 Aug 2018 (PSC at Sheffield), I have no criminal records or no recourse of funds during asylum time or no illegal jobs or overstayed in this country, I am very law abiding person.

My question is can I apply my Naturalisation now because over one year now but bit confused, some peoples said you are still wait for 10 years from first leave or some peoples said you can apply because you were legal at that time when you applied asylum on 14 Oct 2008, I request all the forum lovely and nice members to answer my query.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards
HI Rao,

My advise is avoid applying Naturalisation application before 5th june 2022. U will be refused straight away.

As u exhausted all appeal rights and given discretionary leave out of the moon. Your last 10 years in the UK should be legally and without any breach of the immigration rules.

A gap of 28 days overstayer is disregarded but in your case the gap is 2 months and not only this your
good character is also doubt full as u r not supposed to claim asylum when u come here on visit visa. So
they wont give u any relaxation on good character.

People whose asylum claim accepted by HO and given 5 years refugee status can apply citizenship without any problem as long their previous leave was valid when they applied for asylum. But when they give u discretionary leave then u have to wait until 10 years before u apply for naturlisation from the date u have given discretionary leave.

Hope this helps
Dear Route to ILR,

Thanks for the reply and advice. I just say something. After my last refusal from Court of Appeal no letter received from home office for overstaying or leave the country except one letter from them to send pictures, after that letter I got DLR (Appeal of court to DLR altogether approximately 2 months involved).

How can I check for my overstaying period? Should I ring home office or what?

Need your help please.

Regards,
On your first asylum refusal they must told you to leave the country or appeal the decision which u did. Did they put u on reporting while your appeal was in progress.?

raobolton
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by raobolton » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:01 pm

Route to ILR wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:45 pm
raobolton wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:43 pm
Route to ILR wrote:
raobolton wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:41 am
Dear Sir or Madam,

Good morning to everyone,

I am new, my friend just gave your forum link and I joined now.

My question for member of the forum as per following statement and needs helpful opinions;

I came to UK with family on 12 July 2008 at Manchester with valid visitor visa for six months, I was claim asylum after 3 months on 14 Oct 2008 at Liverpool Water Street Home Office. After one year my application of asylum refused, I appealed in court and refused, then higher Court of Appeal and was refused but after two months I got Discretionary Leave to Remain on out of immigration rules of 6 years route in 05 Jun 2012 (plus 1 extension), I got settlement (ILR) on 16 Aug 2018 (PSC at Sheffield), I have no criminal records or no recourse of funds during asylum time or no illegal jobs or overstayed in this country, I am very law abiding person.

My question is can I apply my Naturalisation now because over one year now but bit confused, some peoples said you are still wait for 10 years from first leave or some peoples said you can apply because you were legal at that time when you applied asylum on 14 Oct 2008, I request all the forum lovely and nice members to answer my query.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards
HI Rao,

My advise is avoid applying Naturalisation application before 5th june 2022. U will be refused straight away.

As u exhausted all appeal rights and given discretionary leave out of the moon. Your last 10 years in the UK should be legally and without any breach of the immigration rules.

A gap of 28 days overstayer is disregarded but in your case the gap is 2 months and not only this your
good character is also doubt full as u r not supposed to claim asylum when u come here on visit visa. So
they wont give u any relaxation on good character.

People whose asylum claim accepted by HO and given 5 years refugee status can apply citizenship without any problem as long their previous leave was valid when they applied for asylum. But when they give u discretionary leave then u have to wait until 10 years before u apply for naturlisation from the date u have given discretionary leave.

Hope this helps
Dear Route to ILR,

Thanks for the reply and advice. I just say something. After my last refusal from Court of Appeal no letter received from home office for overstaying or leave the country except one letter from them to send pictures, after that letter I got DLR (Appeal of court to DLR altogether approximately 2 months involved).

How can I check for my overstaying period? Should I ring home office or what?

Need your help please.

Regards,
On your first asylum refusal they must told you to leave the country or appeal the decision which u did. Did they put u on reporting while your appeal was in progress.?
Thanks for reply. After applying asylum they sent me letter for reporting, every two months went for reporting till the end of DLR. In between Court appeals and DLR no letter from HO except pictures letter from them.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:42 pm

Route to ILR wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:39 pm
aman90 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:12 pm
Route to ILR wrote:

But when they give u discretionary leave then u have to wait until 10 years before u apply for naturlisation from the date u have given discretionary leave.
Could you please back this with a reference? Point towards a guidance or immigration law as It’d be very helpful to such applicants.
Read the good character guidance. Your last 10 years in the uk should be without any breach of immigration rule.
U also need to provide your 10 years work history, If thay found u work in the UK while illegal here. Than your 10 years ban to apply naturlisation starts from the date when they discover that breach.

Naturalisation is on HO discretion. They r not very soft hearted on the people who came here on visit and apply asylum. They will give u hard time and delay your naturlisation. Make your life more miserable. Thats why since 2012, 6 years discretionary leave changed to 10 years without any public funds.
😂😂 so you categorically stated something as a fact on your interpretation of good character.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:02 pm

aman90 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:42 pm
Route to ILR wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:39 pm
aman90 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:12 pm
Route to ILR wrote:

But when they give u discretionary leave then u have to wait until 10 years before u apply for naturlisation from the date u have given discretionary leave.
Could you please back this with a reference? Point towards a guidance or immigration law as It’d be very helpful to such applicants.
Read the good character guidance. Your last 10 years in the uk should be without any breach of immigration rule.
U also need to provide your 10 years work history, If thay found u work in the UK while illegal here. Than your 10 years ban to apply naturlisation starts from the date when they discover that breach.

Naturalisation is on HO discretion. They r not very soft hearted on the people who came here on visit and apply asylum. They will give u hard time and delay your naturlisation. Make your life more miserable. Thats why since 2012, 6 years discretionary leave changed to 10 years without any public funds.
😂😂 so you categorically stated something as a fact on your interpretation of good character.
Bro i am telling you the facts. its up to u whether accept it or not. Nobody physically stopping u to apply naturlisation. Apply and see what happens. Did u read good character guidance? I can't give u the answer which pleased u.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:06 pm

@Rao
Bro don't apply beofre june 2022. Don't waste your fees. Request SAR and see what they have about you on their file.

One of my friend has the same case like u and a solicitor advise him not to apply until 2021. Exact 10 years since he got DLR. He was also going for reporting.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:31 pm

Route to ILR wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:02 pm

Bro i am telling you the facts. its up to u whether accept it or not. Nobody physically stopping u to apply naturlisation. Apply and see what happens. Did u read good character guidance? I can't give u the answer which pleased u.

😂 your observation is hilarious!
Bro! You can’t state something as a fact without providing a reference or example or a similar case.
Not even something you heard as that’s hearsay.
Or you don’t know how to explain urself correctly.
I believe you have the “OP’s” best interest at heart. Do try to read the entire thread properly.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:24 pm

aman90 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:31 pm
Route to ILR wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:02 pm

😂 your observation is hilarious!
Bro! You can’t state something as a fact without providing a reference or example or a similar case.
Not even something you heard as that’s hearsay.
Or you don’t know how to explain urself correctly.
I believe you have the “OP’s” best interest at heart. Do try to read the entire thread properly.
Bro instead of making fun of others. Read the good character guidance. if u can't understand it, go to a solicitor or CAB, they will explain u in simple english.