ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Born Child before parents got ILR - travel outside UK with non-UK passport - Visa requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sksk123
Newly Registered
India

UK Born Child before parents got ILR - travel outside UK with non-UK passport - Visa requirements

Post by sksk123 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:16 pm

Hi Gurus,

Myself and my wife got ILR last week (Tier-2 General 5 Years). Just to let you know I have got every possible questions listed and answered in this forum as part of my ILR application and thanks a lot for that.

My daughter was born in March-2019 and I have applied and got Indian passport for her since I need to travel to India soon. I knew I can apply for MN1-> British Passport but since it will take few months, I have decided to apply Indian passport so that I can apply visa for my daughter so that we can come back and apply for MN1->passport next year.

My questions are:
1. What type of visa should I apply for her since I just need it for a year before I can apply naturalization?
Can you also please send the link for that?
2. Is there a financial maintenance requirements for that?
3. Currently my daughter doesn't have any visa. How long she can use NHS services?

Thanks a lot.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Born Child before parents got ILR - travel outside UK with non-UK passport - Visa requirements

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:23 pm

1. What type of visa should I apply for her since I just need it for a year before I can apply naturalization?
there is no 1 year visa. She needs to apply for a child settlement visa. Some MN1 applications are taking a few weeks/couple of months.
Can you also please send the link for that?
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/child
2. Is there a finanical maintanance requirements for that?
Yes, contained in the link above.
3. Currenlty my daughter doesn't have any visa. How long she can use NHS services?
First 3 months after birth only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sksk123
Newly Registered
India

Re: UK Born Child before parents got ILR - travel outside UK with non-UK passport - Visa requirements

Post by sksk123 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:45 am

Thanks CR001.

I have been doing some more reading and research to see the options.
If I go with settlement visa, I need to spend around £1033+NHS surcharge and there are too much documentation. I am trying to avoid that. Based on that, I have few questions.
1. If I apply naturalization, If I get it within 2 months, I can apply for British passport so that I can travel with that. But if I don't get it before December, Can I travel with the certificate and apply British passport from British bembassy in India? Is there a link/doc reference for that.

2. Another option is that If I don't get the certifcate before I travel, I can apply settlement visa from India (I know it is £500 more). is that fine?

3. I have read another thread where if the naturalization approved, it invalidates the other visa BRP's. Is it same for the settlement visa in case my naturalization approved during the process of settlement visa.

4. Otherwise, Can I process ILR for her since it will take less documentation and it costs around £2200 only and will get the results in 8 weeks.

Thanks for all your help.

sksk123
Newly Registered
India

Post by sksk123 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:20 am

Hi Moderators, Can you please answer these?

sksk123
Newly Registered
India

Post by sksk123 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:34 am

Just one more question, Since I have got ILR from Tier-2 visa, I read I can apply under permission to stay under tier 2 visa holder. Can you confirm if that is fine?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:28 am

sksk123 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:34 am
Just one more question, Since I have got ILR from Tier-2 visa, I read I can apply under permission to stay under tier 2 visa holder. Can you confirm if that is fine?
No you cannot as both you and your spouse now hold ILR. You would have had to apply for the childs tier 2 dependent visa BEFORE you applied for ILR or if only you got ILR and your spouse was still on tier 2 dependent then you could have applied for the child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sksk123
Newly Registered
India

Post by sksk123 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:44 pm

Thanks CR001.

I have been doing some more reading and research to see the options.
If I go with settlement visa, I need to spend around £1033+NHS surcharge and there are too much documentation. I am trying to avoid that. Based on that, I have few questions.
1. If I apply naturalization, If I get it within 2 months, I can apply for British passport so that I can travel with that. But if I don't get it before December, Can I travel with the certificate and apply British passport from British embassy in India? Is there a link/doc reference for that.

2. Another option is that If I don't get the certificate before I travel, I can apply settlement visa from India (I know it is £500 more). is that fine?

3. I have read another thread where if the naturalization approved, it invalidates the other visa BRP's. Is it same for the settlement visa in case my naturalization approved during the process of settlement visa.

4. Otherwise, Can I process ILR for her since it will take less documentation and it costs around £2200 only and will get the results in 8 weeks.

Thanks for all your help.

sksk123
Newly Registered
India

Post by sksk123 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:08 pm

Hi Moderators, Can you pls answer the above questions?

sksk123
Newly Registered
India

Post by sksk123 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:41 am

Can one of the moderators pls pls answer? I am running out of time.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:14 pm

sksk123 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:44 pm
1. If I apply naturalization, If I get it within 2 months, I can apply for British passport so that I can travel with that. But if I don't get it before December, Can I travel with the certificate and apply British passport from British embassy in India? Is there a link/doc reference for that.
You can.

Be aware that first passport applications from India can take six months to a year.
sksk123 wrote:
2. Another option is that If I don't get the certificate before I travel, I can apply settlement visa from India (I know it is £500 more). is that fine?
That should be fine too.
sksk123 wrote:
Same thing as settlement visa listed above. And the fees for them will likely be the same.
sksk123 wrote:
Yes. Naturalisation (that is,when the naturalisation certificate is issued at the citizenship ceremony) invalidates the ILR BRP.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

sksk123
Newly Registered
India

Post by sksk123 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:53 pm

Thanks a lot. I have decided to go with ILR option. Can you please let me know if I need to do SET(O) or SET(M)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:54 pm

sksk123 wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:53 pm
Thanks a lot. I have decided to go with ILR option. Can you please let me know if I need to do SET(O) or SET(M)?
Form SET(F) for the child when both parents hold ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sksk123
Newly Registered
India

Post by sksk123 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:47 pm

Thanks a lot.
I have started filling Set(F) and found that it requires lot of documents. One of the document they want is address proof for my daughter and my GP refuses to send me any documents and they need a month to process any of these request.
I have read in another thread where you have mentioned that Set(O) can be used for Kids even if both parents got ILR. (indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-for-depe ... 42627.html).

I want to get this process done asap. Can I apply using Set(O)? Will Home Office ask me to change the application type if I apply using SET(O)? Please let me know.

sksk123
Newly Registered
India

Post by sksk123 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:45 am

Hi CR001, Can you pls answer this? I want to apply asap.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:51 am

Apply on Set(O) then. it really makes no difference but to spend more than £3k for ILR when it is not necessary seems a waste.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sksk123
Newly Registered
India

Post by sksk123 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:48 pm

Thanks you!
I have the appointment on Friday to apply ILR. I have used Set(o) form.
Have a quick questions.
It hasn't asked me any additional documents other than my daughter's Indian passport. Still I have attached some of the documents like Birth Certificate, My BRP, Payslips and Bank Statements. Hope it is fine.

I am pretty sure based on the answers, they can figure out that my daughter born before me and my wife got ILR since there is no questions related to that.

Should I write a cover letter explaining why I am applying ILR?

sksk123
Newly Registered
India

Post by sksk123 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:37 pm

Hi Cr001, can you please answer?

sksk123
Newly Registered
India

Post by sksk123 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:29 pm

ILR is approved for my daughter. [I didn't attach any cover letter] Thanks a lot everyone. Special thanks to CR001 and Secret.Simon for answering most of my questions.

Here is the summary based on my experience. Moderators, please correct if anything is wrong.

If a child is born here in UK and if there are travel requirements and if both parents are eligible for ILR in the near future, get the dependent visa the child before you apply ILR since there are different rules once both parents get ILR.

For child's ILR, use SET(o) form (If the father/mother had Tier-2 originally) which is much simpler and requires less documents.

Again, thanks a lot moderators.