ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Relationship Documents via TLS Contact

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Panda25
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Relationship Documents via TLS Contact

Post by Panda25 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:43 pm

Hi we are gathering documents for out spouse visa, we will be using TLS Contact. However on their documents guidelines they have said the following ;
" you are strongly advised to submit no more than 10 A4 pages of chat.  The chat history should demonstrate your relationship over a period of time.  Please note that if you choose to submit more than 10 photos and 10 A4 pages of chat history then only a random selection of these documents will be scanned. "

I have two questions for this
1. Our relationship is over a two year period, would I need to fit two years of screenshots in 10 pages? was thinking 2 screenshots a month to suffice the two years.
2. they say 10 photos maximum. does this mean for example 2 A4 pages with 5 pictures.
Your advise is appreciated.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Relationship Documents via TLS Contact

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:39 pm

Panda25 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:43 pm
Hi we are gathering documents for out spouse visa, we will be using TLS Contact. However on their documents guidelines they have said the following ;
" you are strongly advised to submit no more than 10 A4 pages of chat.  The chat history should demonstrate your relationship over a period of time.  Please note that if you choose to submit more than 10 photos and 10 A4 pages of chat history then only a random selection of these documents will be scanned. "

1. Our relationship is over a two year period, would I need to fit two years of screenshots in 10 pages? was thinking 2 screenshots a month to suffice the two years.
2. they say 10 photos maximum. does this mean for example 2 A4 pages with 5 pictures.
1 & 2) 10 pages of chat/video logs to cover the last 2 years are too little. Usually these along with other evidences such as entry/exit stamps, wedding & holidays pictures, money transfer & gift receipts etc should be as much as you can. Also remember the staff at VFS/TLS/UKVCAS are not immigration staff who doesnt accept any liability over visa refusal. You have to enquire alternative way such as UK sponsor can scan them in UK to submit more than 10 pages
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Panda25
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Panda25 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:50 pm

I'm the UK sponsor and that's the only way if applying through TLS, they have no walk in services. Fortunately I found a way to fit chat screenshots in 8 pages in readable format over the two year period. Doing 3 screenshots per month.

enkay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by enkay » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:09 am

Panda25 wrote:

We applied through TLS as well and I (sponsor) scanned and uploaded all the supporting documents myself via the self-upload option. For us there's no way 10 pages would have been enough to cover an almost 5 year relationship history. Our pictures (3-5 pictures per page) and flight receipts were almost 20 pages, chat screenshots were almost 40 pages (had 2-4 screenshots for most months), and call logs were over 100 pages in total.

Put what you feel is necessary but just make sure that it is well organised, and clearly labelled and annotated so that it is easy to navigate. For example we had separate pdfs for each type of evidence, and for the WhatsApp screenshots we labelled each page to say what period the screenshots on that page covered, while for the call logs, we did a contents page to show which pages covered each month / billing period.

Panda25
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Panda25 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:13 am

Yes the self upload option someone said you can use as many documents as you like. Only reason I didn't want to use it is I read reviews saying it's a pain to use and sometimes documents get lost. Have you got an answer yet?

Panda25
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Panda25 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:00 am

Panda25 wrote:

enkay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by enkay » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:09 am

Panda25 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:13 am
Yes the self upload option someone said you can use as many documents as you like. Only reason I didn't want to use it is I read reviews saying it's a pain to use and sometimes documents get lost. Have you got an answer yet?
Yes, visa was granted. I didn't have too many issues using the TLS upload facility, so if I had to do it again I would probably still choose to do it that way as it gave me complete control in terms of making sure everything was uploaded properly and making changes if needed.

Once it's submitted, a summary page is generated that lists all the documents uploaded and the number of pages. To be on the safe side, I also created and uploaded a 2 page summary document that listed all the supporting documents that I had provided for each application section as well as the number of pages for each document.

It's probably easier if you have a good scanner and a pdf management software program that can allow you to combine or split up pdf documents the way you want. Note that for self-upload option the documents had to be uploaded and submitted before the biometrics appointment date.

Panda25
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Panda25 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:44 am

Congratulations. I'll consult with my other half to see which method to use. Thanks for your reply.

Panda25
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Panda25 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:19 pm

Hi Enkay, if I may ask what Is the max PDF size for each upload?

enkay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by enkay » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:44 pm

Panda25 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:19 pm
Hi Enkay, if I may ask what Is the max PDF size for each upload?
I can't remember but it was quite large - I think maybe up to 10MB. One of the pdfs I uploaded was over 4MB and I didn't have any problems with it.

Panda25
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Panda25 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:09 pm

Someone on here was saying after submission and bio metric appointment the documents disappear is this expected? Just trying to see which one would be good for us.

enkay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by enkay » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:24 pm

Panda25 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:09 pm
Someone on here was saying after submission and bio metric appointment the documents disappear is this expected? Just trying to see which one would be good for us.
Yes, the site does not allow you to view even the list of documents after submission and the biometrics appointment. From memory, when you press 'submit', it goes through and 'accepts' each document before producing a summary list with no. of pages, document size and upload date for each document. You then need to print out that summary page. After that you won't be able to view the list again.

Panda25
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Panda25 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:27 pm

In case it doesn't accept the document after submission would you be able to re-upload? I appreciate you taking time to reply

enkay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by enkay » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:33 pm

Panda25 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:27 pm
In case it doesn't accept the document after submission would you be able to re-upload? I appreciate you taking time to reply
I don't think so as the functionality to upload is locked on the site once you submit. You would probably have to pay the TLS centre to add any additional documents. However I think it's probably unlikely that it wouldn't accept a document.

The way it works is that you upload all the documents first, then you can preview them and delete / reupload if you're not happy with them. Only once you've previewed all the documents and made sure that you are happy with them do you press submit and it then marks the documents as 'accepted'.

Panda25
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Panda25 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:37 pm

Okay thanks I was just worried as one PDF is over 20mb and might say not accepted after you submit. They don't tell you the max size aswell. might split it into 2 files just to be safe

enkay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by enkay » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:21 pm

I think it probably just wouldn't upload it in the first place if the file is too large, so you wouldn't be able to preview it etc. But better to be safe than sorry so agree with your idea of splitting the file.

Hello me
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by Hello me » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:48 am

Panda25 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:00 am
Panda25 wrote:

Hello please
Is voice call screenshots and video call screenshots are including in the 10 pages chat history rule ?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:19 am

Hello me wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:48 am
Panda25 wrote:
Panda25 wrote:

Hello please
Is voice call screenshots and video call screenshots are including in the 10 pages chat history rule ?
What's voice call and video call screenshot?
If you are uploading yourself, you can scan and upload as much as you like with no limits to the number of pages you can upload.

Hello me
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by Hello me » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:06 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:19 am
Hello me wrote:
Panda25 wrote:
Panda25 wrote:

Hello please
If you are uploading yourself, you can scan and upload as much as you like with no limits to the number of pages you can upload.
Because i don't know how to upload them by my self so i choose to go to TLS contact is Visa application centre and they have so much restrictions like we are not allowed to upload 10 pages of chat history and 10 photographs and my questions was is the screen shots and the video calls also should be inside this 10 pages
And if it is the case how could be show tow years of the chat history in this limited pages?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:14 am

Hello me wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:06 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:19 am
Hello me wrote:
Panda25 wrote:
Hello please
Because i don't know how to upload them by my self so i choose to go to TLS contact is Visa application centre and they have so much restrictions like we are not allowed to upload 10 pages of chat history and 10 photographs and my questions was is the screen shots and the video calls also should be inside this 10 pages
And if it is the case how could be show tow years of the chat history in this limited pages?
Can you PLEASE keep your questions in your own topic instead of (rudely) tagging onto other members threads!!! It is grossly unfair to the original poster and just creates confusion when members respond to who they 'think' is the original poster.

You have already been asked previously to keep your questions in your own topic.

immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... l#p1868317

See also point 12 in the Forum Rules FAQs link below.

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.