ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice on British Nationality

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Naks
Newly Registered

Need advice on British Nationality

Post by Naks » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Our case is a little complicated

1994 - My husband came to study.
1995 - I came to England to study.

2001 - student visa refused and used a lawyer who turned out to be incompetent to appeal our case. He lodged an appeal and when we went back to him to inform the HO we've move address he didn't pass this information.

My husband continued with his studies and went on to do his masters September 2004.

Anyway, we continued to wait for our appeal date, which never came. Those days the appeal process was very slow.

We used to call HO to find out about our case and they kept saying it's still in the system. One time we called and we were told that our documents are missing this included our passports. The HO said we get new passports and reapply. We drafted a letter briefing them about or lost passport.

January 2005 - We got new passports then then reapplied.

March 2006 - We got back our new passports with visa up to January 2007 and surprisingly the old passports.

April 2006 We wanted to apply for ILR and went to Croydon - they looked us up in their system and told us we need to do a postal application because of the refusal.

March 2007 -We waited for our visa to finish and applied for ILR.

May 2007 - Got a refusal that our appeal had been refused in July 2004 - therefore we had not done continuous 10 years. However, my husband had completed 10 years counting from June 1994 - June 2004

We appealed and this time round the appeal process had improved and in July we went for our hearing.

Our appeal was allowed and we were granted ILR.

My question is :

Since we had not deliberately breached HO rules we are planning to apply for BC in November will they consider all the events - or we have no chance (5 years with no breach of immigration rules)?

We have already naturalised our children and they've got passports.