ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard Visitor Visa for Parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adivk
Newly Registered

Standard Visitor Visa for Parents

Post by adivk » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:54 pm

Hi Members

Both my wife and myself are on Indefinite Leave to Remain and I want my parents to visit UK from India. My Father is a retired Bank officer and my Mom is a house wife. He's receiving pension monthly and have some fixed deposits on his name and some in savings. My Mom is a dependant on my Father and they have no other property or income. He will submit proof of income and savings documents. Both myself and my wife work full time and we have a own property in UK and will be supporting them for their stay. Please let me know if any further information required and What else should they show in order for the application to be succeed.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Adi

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Standard Visitor Visa for Parents

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:02 pm

Hello

For my parents, I sent them:

- 6 months payslips
- 6 months bank statements (only the pages showing incoming salary)
- Copy of my id (EEA passport. In your case, send passport + ILR copy)
- A couple of utility bills (SSE, BT... originals)
- A letter

In my case, they came in one by one. Never both at the same time. Both are retired. Both have accounts showing income (retirement). They own their house and both names are in the deed.

A 6 month visitor visa was granted no questions asked.

Still, visitor visas are not an exact science. Case workers have a great discretion over granting / refusing.

I noticed a very high rate of refusal for people without income and without property on their name. They are perceived as having no ties to their home country. Seen as a group, they statistically account for highest refusal rate within any category.

If I were you, I wouldn't attempt both parents in one go. Try with your father first, then later, once his visa expires, try for your mother. It's usually perceived that the risk of them staying in the UK is lower if they are not travelling to the UK together or having both a valid visa at the same time.

I know a couple who have been informally and verbally asked by someone working for the UKVI to apply without their kids if they want a visitor visa to the UK.