ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Dependant Schengen Visa (Czech Embassy)

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pentaya
India

EU Dependant Schengen Visa (Czech Embassy)

Post by pentaya » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:59 pm

Hi There,

My missus received her Schengen visa from Czech Republic with just 3 weeks visa span and a single entry despite of requesting for additional months and multiple entry. We travel very frequent and travelled many times to Schengen in the last 6 years (but not from last 2 years).

I'm a British citizen and she is on ILR. Provided full documentation, had many Schengen visas from the past (those are not EU Dependant, just straight visitor Schengen visas) and showed loads of funds with bank statements payslips.

I wonder what might be reason for granting such a short span of visa and I believe below could be few and someone please chime in if you're in similar situation as me.
    Due to EU Dependant type of visa.
      Due to Brexit round the corner.

What if she has applied for a normal tourist visa? Looks like France is the only country which grants lengthy span of Schengen visas?

PS: France and Netherlands gave her 1 year visas few years ago. Sorry, I'm slightly frustrated and couldn't figure out the reasons for granting just 3 weeks of visa which is super stupid. It is not convenient at all. Adding to this VFS (66 Wilson street) were rubbish and extremely rude.

CR001
      Mood:
      South Africa

Re: EU Dependant Schengen Visa (Czech Embassy)

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:04 pm

She does not hold an 'EU Dependent visa'. She holds ILR.
      What if she has applied for a normal tourist visa? Looks like France is the only country which grants lengthy span of Schengen visas?
      A Schengen visa IS a 'tourist visa'.
      Char (CR001 not Casa)
      In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
      Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pentaya
      India

Post by pentaya » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
      Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:04 pm

Sorry should've been more clear in my message. I mean the reason for less span of visa is due to the application type? (EU Dependent Type) ?
      A Schengen visa IS a 'tourist visa'. The one she got now is a tourist visa.

ALKB
      Respected Guru
      Germany

Post by ALKB » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:19 pm

pentaya wrote:
      Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:59 pm
      Hi There,

My missus received her Schengen visa from Czech Republic with just 3 weeks visa span and a single entry despite of requesting for additional months and multiple entry. We travel very frequent and travelled many times to Schengen in the last 6 years (but not from last 2 years).

I'm a British citizen and she is on ILR. Provided full documentation, had many Schengen visas from the past (those are not EU Dependant, just straight visitor Schengen visas) and showed loads of funds with bank statements payslips.

I wonder what might be reason for granting such a short span of visa and I believe below could be few and someone please chime in if you're in similar situation as me.

PS: France and Netherlands gave her 1 year visas few years ago. Sorry, I'm slightly frustrated and couldn't figure out the reasons for granting just 3 weeks of visa which is super stupid. It is not convenient at all. Adding to this VFS (66 Wilson street) were rubbish and extremely rude.
          Does the visa expire before 31st October, by any chance?
          I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

ALKB
          Respected Guru
          Germany

Post by ALKB » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
          I think OP means that his wife applied for a Schengen visa under EU rules (free of charge, issued within 15 days, etc.), as the spouse of an EU national.
          I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

pentaya
          India

Post by pentaya » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:15 pm

ALKB wrote:
          Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:19 pm
          pentaya wrote:
          Hi There,

yes 22nd october.

pentaya
              India

Post by pentaya » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:15 pm

ALKB wrote:
              Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:21 pm
              CR001 wrote:
              I think OP means that his wife applied for a Schengen visa under EU rules (free of charge, issued within 15 days, etc.), as the spouse of an EU national.
              correct.

ALKB
              Respected Guru
              Germany

Post by ALKB » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:07 pm

pentaya wrote:
              Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:15 pm
              ALKB wrote:
              Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:19 pm
              pentaya wrote:
              Hi There,

yes 22nd october.
                  Well, there you go. IF the UK leaves the EU on 31st October 2019without a deal, your wife would no longer be the spouse of an EEA national and the basis on which her visa was issued would cease to apply.

The German Embassy in London has already issued a statement to that effect:

https://uk.diplo.de/uk-en/02/visa

ibwe
                  Mood:
                  Bulgaria

Post by ibwe » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:52 pm

If she had applied for a tourist visa (not under the free movement of EU/EEA member) she would have gotten a longer one though Czech Republic is not known to grant a longer Schengen visas.

France does have a good track of Schengen visas issuance considering that applications are beyond 4 million. However MEV (multiple entry visas) from France are not that much and rejection rates are higher. If she had a Schengen visa issued from France in the past, she should apply again and they may offer her a longer visa. If not I would suggest to try Greece, Italy or Spain.

Case in point: Once I was offered 11 day multiple entry :shock: Schengen visa by German consulate in Beijing even though I was applying as a family member of EU/EEA citizen. I already had a number of Schengen visas before as well. I voluntarily cancelled my visa citing that my itinerary had changed and proceeded the same day to Greek consulate and applied for a new Schengen visa. They gave me six months multiple entry for a duration of 90 days per entry.

pentaya
                  India

Post by pentaya » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:03 pm

Thank you very much for all the replies. I'm applying her normal tourist visa to France and its been booked on 23rd of this month.