ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - should we mention about the overstay?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rawgirl
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - should we mention about the overstay?

Post by rawgirl » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:45 am

hi

please can anyone give advice or help?

i am trying to apply for a spouse visa for my husband to join me here. i am a british citizen and i met him when he was here on a visit visa. he overstayed 2 years but left the UK at the end of March this year. we married recently at his home country.

i am composing my sponsor letter to support his visa application and was wondering if i should mention about his overstay and apologise for this or not mention anything at all?

any help will be greatly appreciated!!
cheers

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:47 am

Be careful not to withhold what may be considered as material facts. Overstayers applying for spouse visas shouldn't be automatically refused under 320(7B). However, [quote="26.17 - Refusal where the applicant has previously breached the UK's immigration laws"]Although 320(7B) may not apply, an ECO must still consider whether the applicant meets the “significantly contrived to frustrateâ€
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ipassfield
Newly Registered

Post by ipassfield » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:03 am

Hi,

You have nothing to lose by mentioning his overstay and everything to lose if you do not mention it and they find out.

There are a number of concessions in your favour as he left after 17th March voluntarily and you are applying for a spouse visa.

Good luck
Ian