ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TOEFL 4 years old -- Is it valid for Tier1 App

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tier1Aspirant1
Newly Registered

TOEFL 4 years old -- Is it valid for Tier1 App

Post by Tier1Aspirant1 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:11 am

Hi

I gave TOEFL 4 years back and scored 280/300.

Also, I have done Masters and my qualification is listed in BIA assessment tool but I don't have a letter from University handy.

So should I go ahead with Master degree with out a letter for English language requirement or should I go with TOEFL 4 years old. Plz help

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:39 am

It will be in your best interest to read the Tier 1 Policy guidance *carefully*. And make an effort to search the forum for information already available regarding english language requirement and supporting documentation - the answer(s) to your query are already available.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Tier1Aspirant1
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1Aspirant1 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:55 pm

I have searched it before posting but unable to find any confirmed answer.

Has anyone from pune university applies without letter and successfully got the approval.. Please help

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:43 am

You mean to say you couldn't figure out whether a letter from university is considered accpetable evidence for Tier 1 purposes or if there is any time restriction on english language exam results - even after reading the guidance notes? :shock:
Let's see if this helps - does the guidance mention (anywhere) about a letter from university to prove english language proficiency? Or does it mention anywhere that the approved english language test results must not be more than 1/2/3/X/Y/Z years old??

You searched?? :wink:
Well, there are many postings which provide "confirmed answers" to your query regarding university letter. Read this or this or this

:roll: :roll:
regards

Tier1Aspirant1
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1Aspirant1 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:02 am

Thanks sushdmetha

It was really helpful stuff.

[quote]Or does it mention anywhere that the approved english language test results must not be more than 1/2/3/X/Y/Z years old?? [/quote]
It is nowhere mentioned that the test should not be X years old. However, on the result sheet of TOEFL they have mentioned that the scores are valid for 2years only and they won't be able to verify results that are older than 2 years. So I am little doubtful for it as an evidence.

[quote]does the guidance mention (anywhere) about a letter from university to prove english language proficiency?[/quote]

But fro above and the post you have given. I am confident that my qualification would satisfy English language requirement. And I will go ahead with it.Thanks again

Tier1Aspirant1
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1Aspirant1 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:04 am

Tier1Aspirant1 wrote:Thanks sushdmetha

It was really helpful stuff.
Or does it mention anywhere that the approved english language test results must not be more than 1/2/3/X/Y/Z years old??
It is nowhere mentioned that the test should not be X years old. However, on the result sheet of TOEFL they have mentioned that the scores are valid for 2years only and they won't be able to verify results that are older than 2 years. So I am little doubtful for it as an evidence.
does the guidance mention (anywhere) about a letter from university to prove english language proficiency?
But fro above and the post you have given. I am confident that my qualification would satisfy English language requirement. And I will go ahead with it.Thanks again

Tier1Aspirant1
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1Aspirant1 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:12 am

Also,Would you have any answer for this

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:27 pm

Tier1Aspirant1 wrote:Also,Would you have any answer for this
Think logically and apply common sense :wink:

regards

Tier1Aspirant1
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1Aspirant1 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:25 pm

cool :idea: ...my salaam namaste to you :)