ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement scheme for EU citizens

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Muz86
Newly Registered
France

EU settlement scheme for EU citizens

Post by Muz86 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:37 pm

Hi everyone,
I have been working in the UK for more than one year now, and I have submitted my EU settlement scheme application on the 21st of september.
After submitting my application, I received a mail that I am eligible for the EU pre-settled status.
But, I haven’t received any decision yet. On the website, it has been indicated that it took 5 working days for a straightforward application, but now it has been more than 5 days.
I am getting a little bit worried, because I wanted to receive my decision before applying for my husband.
He got a EU spouse visa on the 29 july, and he arrived in the UK on the 6th of september.
Now, he has a EU spouse visa for 6 months, and I wanted to apply for the EU settlement scheme soon before his visa expires because we haven’t apply for the EU residency card since the EU settlement scheme is easier.
Can someone let me know what I can do?
Thanks for all your help

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: EU settlement scheme for EU citizens

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:41 pm

5 days it's just an average but doesn't mean it's for every EU citizen. I know some EU citizen waiting for 2 months it depend on...

- Your caseworker
- How busy caseworker is
- documents submitted

Check your email. You will not get any card by post. Only online and email

check your status here. it will show when application approved

https://www.gov.uk/view-your-settled-status
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Muz86
Newly Registered
France

Re: EU settlement scheme for EU citizens

Post by Muz86 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:20 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:41 pm
5 days it's just an average but doesn't mean it's for every EU citizen. I know some EU citizen waiting for 2 months it depend on...

- Your caseworker
- How busy caseworker is
- documents submitted

Check your email. You will not get any card by post. Only online and email

check your status here. it will show when application approved

https://www.gov.uk/view-your-settled-status
Thank you for your help and the link, there is no update yet via the link.
But I have contacted the resolution center, and they told me that the case is under his final stage, you will soon received an answer.