ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) visa application: (just) married but not living together

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Salerno
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR (M) visa application: (just) married but not living together

Post by Salerno » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:41 pm

Hello kind people,

My partner and I are newly married (in the UK) - I am in the UK on a Tier 2 (General) visa with 2 years left on it, and my partner is a British national.

He owns his own house about 50 miles outside London, and he also works outside London. I live in a rented flat and work in London. Thus ours has been a medium-distance relationship since we decided to commit over a year ago, however we chat every day, and see each other every weekend, and have plenty of evidence that we have a genuine and subsisting relationship - we have no trouble supplying proof of communication, joint accounts, our travels, support from friends and family etc. The financial requirement isn't an issue either.

Our worry is that we aren't yet living together, but we have obtained joint mortgages in principle from at least two banks and are house-hunting, with the intention of moving in together sometime early next year (the market slowdown and uncertainty isn't helping, no thanks to Brexit), ideally in a town that would make sense for the both of our commutes.

I'd like to apply for a spousal visa asap, as my 5-year clock would have to be reset so I'd rather not waste time.

We're wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation - married but not cohabiting - and what evidence did you supply with your application / how did you approach it? Any tips would be gratefully received. Thank you! :)

Jaune08
Mexico

Re: FLR (M) visa application: (just) married but not living together

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:08 pm

Salerno wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:41 pm
We're wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation - married but not cohabiting - and what evidence did you supply with your application / how did you approach it? Any tips would be gratefully received. Thank you! :)
Since you are married, you don’t have to meet the cohabitation requirement. This is needed BUT when you’re about to renew your spouse visa, not for a first time application like your case.

Relationship evidence includes photos (these are SUPER important, and if you can make an album, even better), chat/phone records (WhatsApp, Facebook, etc), wedding invitation if you have one, plane tickets or hotel reservations if you have travelled together, your own marriage certificate, joint accounts, even letters from family and friends (two from each of you) stating you have a subsisting relationship (a few people here said this is not required but it doesn’t harm to include them. I did it for my application).

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:16 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:08 pm
Relationship evidence includes photos (these are SUPER important, and if you can make an album, even better), chat/phone records (WhatsApp, Facebook, etc), wedding invitation if you have one,
Not for FLR(M).
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Salerno
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Salerno » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:43 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Salerno wrote:
Since you are married, you don’t have to meet the cohabitation requirement. This is needed BUT when you’re about to renew your spouse visa, not for a first time application like your case.

Relationship evidence includes photos (these are SUPER important, and if you can make an album, even better), chat/phone records (WhatsApp, Facebook, etc), wedding invitation if you have one, plane tickets or hotel reservations if you have travelled together, your own marriage certificate, joint accounts, even letters from family and friends (two from each of you) stating you have a subsisting relationship (a few people here said this is not required but it doesn’t harm to include them. I did it for my application).
Thanks, that's what we thought. We will be supplying lots of photos and copies of all the key milestones.
Korekt wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:16 pm
Jaune08 wrote:
Relationship evidence includes photos (these are SUPER important, and if you can make an album, even better), chat/phone records (WhatsApp, Facebook, etc), wedding invitation if you have one,
Not for FLR(M).
Would you mind expanding on what you mean?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:58 pm

You are not required to prove 2 years cohabitation etc if you are recently married and switching from pbs route to FLR m.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:40 am

Salerno wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:43 pm
Jaune08 wrote:
Salerno wrote:

Thanks, that's what we thought. We will be supplying lots of photos and copies of all the key milestones.
Korekt wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:16 pm
Jaune08 wrote:
Not for FLR(M).
Would you mind expanding on what you mean?
Yes. You are not required to supply lots of photos and copies of all key milestones as well as chat/phone records and wedding invitation.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."