ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for EU settled status while awaiting BC decision

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amelie12
United Kingdom

Apply for EU settled status while awaiting BC decision

Post by amelie12 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:45 am

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question: is it possible to apply for EU settled status while waiting for the decision on already submitted application for British citizenship?

Kind regars,
amelie12

BellaKris
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Apply for EU settled status while awaiting BC decision

Post by BellaKris » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:46 pm

Yes, but settlement status only is necessary to get the British citizenship after 12 months. i would advice that you continue with your application, as it means you already have the above requirement (i.e. ILR or Permanent residence for a year plus).

amelie12
United Kingdom

Post by amelie12 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:33 pm

BellaKris wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:46 pm
Yes, but settlement status only is necessary to get the British citizenship after 12 months. i would advice that you continue with your application, as it means you already have the above requirement (i.e. ILR or Permanent residence for a year plus).
Hi BellaKris,
many thanks for your recommendation. However, my thinking is not related to the requirement to apply for the British citizenship. As I may not get the response on the citizenship application before Brexit date and since there is still no clarity on what happens to the rights of EU citizens in case of no-deal Brexit (e.g. end of the freedom of movement) I thought that EU settled status is a warranty of my rights in the UK even in case of no-deal Brexit. Hence, perhaps applying for EU settled status might be a good idea. Please correct me if I am wrong?

BellaKris
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by BellaKris » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:45 am

Yes, you are right. I was speaking on your comment on applying for British Citizenship, which you plan to do, and that would mean you have either an ILR or PR. So with this rights, you shouldn't be affect by no-deal Brexit. However, if you don't have these mentioned above, then please proceed to apply under the EU settlement scheme as it is safer and will protect your rights. Goodluck and please update me.