ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do i need visa to travel to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guru_dutt
Newly Registered

Do i need visa to travel to UK

Post by guru_dutt » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:39 pm

Hello

Next month i would like to go to england, i am family member of a eu citizen and we livid in germany my stay in uk will be for few days, just want to know if i travel ther with my wife do i need visa or can i fly ther without visa with her. and what is a procedure and how can i apply visa from germany. i am from pakistan and my wife is german and we got married in london last year.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:55 pm

Although you may be able to enter the UK without an EEA family permit when travelling with your wife (11(4)), it may be better if you apply for one in Germany beforehand.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:30 am

Do you have a German Reisepass thing?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: Do i need visa to travel to UK

Post by thsths » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:29 am

guru_dutt wrote:Next month i would like to go to england, i am family member of a eu citizen and we livid in germany my stay in uk will be for few days, just want to know if i travel ther with my wife do i need visa or can i fly ther without visa with her. and what is a procedure and how can i apply visa from germany. i am from pakistan and my wife is german and we got married in london last year.
What kind of visa did you have when you came to London? It should be in your passport and on the records, so this may be relevant to your case.

Generally I think that you can probably get in without a visa, as long as you travel together and have your marriage license with you. However, you also have to convince the airline to let you board the aircraft, and that could be more difficult.

Applying for the EEA family permit should be reasonably easy, although you may have to appear in person to give fingerprints (I don't think this requirement is legal, but it is "in the rules"). You should check how long it takes first, since this is a busy time of the year.

Tom