ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr fp

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nehag
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Flr fp

Post by Nehag » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:36 pm

Dear members, I am new to this forum but I have been following this forum for few years now. I am a overstayer. I have a British partner who is settled and have permanent job over here. Recently we applied to get married here which was approved by home office. But after few weeks I got a letter from home office saying that I don’t have any basis to stay here so I need to regularise my stay or leave voluntarily. And I need to reporting in the reporting centre. They did not give me date for reporting. Meanwhile I already applied as unmarried partner and going to submit my documents on 24. And we are getting married next week . Do any one think if I applied already will I still be called for reporting?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Flr fp

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:16 am

Nehag wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:36 pm
Dear members, I am new to this forum but I have been following this forum for few years now. I am a overstayer. I have a British partner who is settled and have permanent job over here. Recently we applied to get married here which was approved by home office. But after few weeks I got a letter from home office saying that I don’t have any basis to stay here so I need to regularise my stay or leave voluntarily. And I need to reporting in the reporting centre. They did not give me date for reporting. Meanwhile I already applied as unmarried partner and going to submit my documents on 24. And we are getting married next week . Do any one think if I applied already will I still be called for reporting?
For unmarried partner visa as well you cannot regularise your stay because you are an over stayer without holding any acceptable form of visa such as tier4/tier2/youth mobility etc. Fastest route was to marry abroad then apply for spouse visa from your country of residence/back home and you will end up with same option although with longer route and heavy expenses. You will more likely be called for reporting.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.