ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent visa extension after my ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shoaibrehman
United Kingdom

Status of my spouse visa after I'm granted ILR

Post by shoaibrehman » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:20 pm

Hi guys,

I have just had a decision made on my ILR and my application is successful.

I was on a tier 2 general visa and hence my Mrs has a TIER 2 dependent visa which is still valid until August 2020, so my question is what happens with her visa now that I've been granted ILR?
Can she stay on her current leave to remain until its expiry or should we apply a new visa for her as ILR dependent?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Shoaib

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Status of my spouse visa after I'm granted ILR

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:25 pm

Can she stay on her current leave to remain until its expiry

Yes.
should we apply a new visa for her as ILR dependent?
No. There is no requirement to switch visa categories, which would reset her clock to zero for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shoaibrehman
United Kingdom

Post by shoaibrehman » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:36 pm

Fantastic. Thank you.

Is there a home office website URL I could check the details at? Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:50 pm

It is clearly stated in the Immigration Rules Part 8 - PBS Dependents/family.

dependants-of-ilr-economic-5-year-route-applicants (click for links to immigration rules)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shoaibrehman
United Kingdom

PBS Dependent visa extension after my ILR

Post by shoaibrehman » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I have recently had my ILR approved in October 2019 on Tier 2 General 5 year route.

My wife was is on PBS dependent visa and her current leave expires in August 2020 when she completes her 4 years as Tier 2 PBS dependent. (We've travelled overseas after ILR and didn't have any issues coming back on her current visa i.e. PBS dependent)

I understand that she needs to have spent 5 years as tier 2 PBS dependent before she qualifies for ILR so my question is:

1. What visa category should we apply for her extension given that I've been granted ILR already?
2. Since she only needs one more year after August 2020 to qualify for ILR, could we just apply for 1 year extension or does it have to be more than that?

I hope that makes sense.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependent visa extension after my ILR

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:01 pm

Topics Merged!!
1. What visa category should we apply for her extension given that I've been granted ILR already?
Perhaps read the advice already given last year when you asked the same question. Nothing has changed in the rules.
2. Since she only needs one more year after August 2020 to qualify for ILR, could we just apply for 1 year extension or does it have to be more than that?
A PBS Dependent extension is granted for 3 years when the main PBS migrant has obtained ILR. This is stated in the Immigration Rules and you cannot apply for less than 3 years visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shoaibrehman
United Kingdom

Re: PBS Dependent visa extension after my ILR

Post by shoaibrehman » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:08 pm

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have a few questions:

1- Do I need prepare a bank statement before I apply for my wife's visa extension?
2- Please could you provide a list of documents needed to apply for her extension?
3- When applying for her visa online, what type of visa application should I choose and since I don't have tier 2 BRP anymore so shall I provide my ILR BRP number when applying for dependent PBS extension?

Thanks for your help.