ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP error issue, no response

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

y2jmocho
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

BRP error issue, no response

Post by y2jmocho » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:33 pm

Hi,

My wife entered the UK with a Spouse Settlement visa 2 weeks back. We got an email around 1 month back mentioning there was an error on the BRP card and not to collect from the post office:

Good Afternoon
We have been advised of an error relating to the expiry date on your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). Unfortunately, there was not sufficient time to amend the detail prior to the BRP being produced. Please do not collect this BRP as advised in your Decision Letter.

Once you have entered the UK, please reply to this email confirming you are in the UK and providing your full UK delivery address including post code. Please note this cannot be a post office address.

Please note that on delivery the courier will require proof of identity and a signature to confirm receipt of the package.

You are advised not to make any travel arrangements until you have received your replacement Biometric Residence Permit.

An amended BRP will be issued within 3-7 working days of receipt of your email and will be delivered by a secure courier service.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Once my wife landed i replied to the mail mentioning she has arrived along with address as requested and got an automated response only. This was 2 weeks back. Now last Monday i replied again mentioning i didn't get any response and got the same automated response. Just a bit worried now as it is almost 2 weeks with no response from BRPError@homeoffice.gov.uk

Anything else that can be done or best continue to remain patient. Not aware of any other way of contacting this team.

Kind regards
Kamal

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: BRP error issue, no response

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:04 am

Why not you contact to DX courier who may holding it for you there.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

y2jmocho
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by y2jmocho » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:47 pm

I didn't get any sms or communication from DX like previously for any delivery

y2jmocho
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by y2jmocho » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:46 am

I checked with DX and they confirmed there was no outstanding deliveries for the address i shared. Any advice or way of contacting the BRP team other then replying to BRPError@homeoffice.gov.uk

Kind Regards,
Kamal

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:34 pm

y2jmocho wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:46 am
I checked with DX and they confirmed there was no outstanding deliveries for the address i shared. Any advice or way of contacting the BRP team other then replying to BRPError@homeoffice.gov.uk

Kind Regards,
Kamal
Then better to call them

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... extensions
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

JennySB564
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by JennySB564 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:29 pm

Hi y2jmocho,

Is there any update on your wife's BRP?
My husband received the exact same email and has now been in the UK for over a month with no sign of his BRP. I have contacted every possible department through the home office website and had no response form any of them.

I have replied to the original 'error team' email 4 times now and they've never so much as replied, let alone dispatched my husbands BRP.

I've even made an official complaint but had no response from that either.

I have tried calling every number possible and never been able to speak to anyone who can help - the closest I've come is that someone suggested I call the premium line service that we used to have to call to check on the status of his visa application. But all the information they have given me in the past has turned out to be false so I am unwilling to call them again.

I am really at the end of my limits with this. I have invested hours and hours into trying to chase this thing up, and no one even replies to me!

This is such an important document and I am so disgusted how the home office just don't seem to care at all - even though they recognise how important it is and even say they will fine you if you lose it and don't report it.

Any suggestions on what to do, or any good news from your situation would be much appreciated?

Jenny