ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR from tier two, travel before employment starts

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saadhussein87
Newly Registered
Jordan

ILR from tier two, travel before employment starts

Post by saadhussein87 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:17 pm

Hello Everybody,

I am currently preparing my ILR application and have a query; prior to the start of my job which sponsored me for the tier 2 I was a PhD student on a tier 4 visa. I have remained in the UK for the application but left for a one week holiday between the date of the tier 2 issue and the date of the employment starting. Can I still count the 5 years from the date of visa issue? how should I justify this trip in the absence list (e.g. should I ask my employer to acknowledge this)?

Many Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR from tier two, travel before employment starts

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:02 pm

ILR counts from visa issue date.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

saadhussein87
Newly Registered
Jordan

Post by saadhussein87 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:58 pm

Thank you for your kind and quick reply, your help to others is really amazing. I was wondering if you also knew if I would need my employer to justify this trip (although I would doubt they will since it was before I started work) or if I can justify it myself? Many Thanks again

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:21 pm

No. It simply counts towards the min 180 days but no justification is required
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

saadhussein87
Newly Registered
Jordan

Post by saadhussein87 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:06 am

Thank you again :D