ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Passports

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Khan789
Pakistan

General Query, Refusal Impact on Citizenship Application

Post by Khan789 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:15 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am applying for citizenship application in next few days. I have got the ILR via 5 years entrepreneur route. My extension application for ILR was refused back in January, 2016. Admin review was refused and then a fresh application was approved.
My question is do I have to mention anything about that in my Citizenship applicationor not?
Second question is I have not submitted my April, 2019 self assessment tax return yet, can I submit the April, 2018 self assessment tax return or does it have to be the April, 2019 one as I have been asked to upload this document.

Khan789
Pakistan

Re: General Query, Refusal Impact on Citizenship Application

Post by Khan789 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:40 pm

Khan789 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:15 pm
Hello Everyone,
I am applying for citizenship application in next few days. I have got the ILR via 5 years entrepreneur route. My extension application for tier 1 Entrepreneur visa was refused back in January, 2016. Admin review was refused and then a fresh application was approved.
My question is do I have to mention anything about that in my Citizenship applicationor not?
Second question is I have not submitted my April, 2019 self assessment tax return yet, can I submit the April, 2018 self assessment tax return or does it have to be the April, 2019 one as I have been asked to upload this document.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:09 am

Khan789 wrote:
Hello Everyone,
I am applying for citizenship application in next few days. I have got the ILR via 5 years entrepreneur route. My extension application for ILR was refused back in January, 2016. Admin review was refused and then a fresh application was approved.
1. Is there any section or question in the form that requests that information? If yes, then do it, if not then what’s the point.
2. Are you applying as a director/employee of the company? If ur on ur company payroll, then you are only required to state the PAYE tax references number

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:40 am

1. Is there any section or question in the form that requests that information? If yes, then do it, if not then what’s the point.
- There is a section that asks about all previous Immigration applications, better to mention as they have all this info anyway.
- You haven't mentioned the reasons for the refusals, hard to advice whether they alone may or may not impact your naturalisation application.
- I would also be careful that there wasn't any period of overstaying between the refusals and the new application for ILR as that can impact the naturalisation application.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:04 pm

xavieryves wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:40 am
- There is a section that asks about all previous Immigration applications, better to mention as they have all this info anyway.
But does that section cater to stating a refusal?
Since they have the information anyways then why would be necessary to mention it 😂 especially when they aren’t even asking about it.

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:17 pm

Since they have the information anyways then why would be necessary to mention it 😂 especially when they aren’t even asking about it.
There is a section that asks for ALL previous Immigration applications. Whether an application was successful or not is immaterial. I'd argue the reason they ask is so the caseworker may get to your immigration history promptly and that would include unsuccessful applications, because there is a reason why they were not successful!. Why would one want to risk accusations of being deceitful and end being banned for 10 years by not giving them information they have anyway?
That, is no laughing matter!

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:32 am

xavieryves wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:17 pm
There is a section that asks for ALL previous Immigration applications. Whether an application was successful or not is immaterial. I'd argue the reason they ask is so the caseworker may get to your immigration history promptly and that would include unsuccessful applications, because there is a reason why they were not successful!. Why would one want to risk accusations of being deceitful and end being banned for 10 years by not giving them information they have anyway?
That, is no laughing matter!

🤦🏽‍♀️ Your ignorance is palpable!

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:14 am

🤦🏽‍♀️ Your ignorance is palpable!
If you know something that I don't that will help the OPs query then just say it! This kind of condescending but ultimately void language and attitude helps no one.

Khan789
Pakistan

Post by Khan789 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:51 pm

2. Are you applying as a director/employee of the company? If ur on ur company payroll, then you are only required to state the PAYE tax references number
[/quote]

There is a section in the application form asking for all the previous applications made inside or outside the UK, it does not specify either approved or refused ones but majority people say not to mention the refused ones don't know why?

I am applying as a director of the company, I am on the company's payroll but also take dividends, should I state my UTR number or company's PAYE Reference number?

Khan789
Pakistan

Post by Khan789 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:57 pm

xavieryves wrote:
- You haven't mentioned the reasons for the refusals, hard to advice whether they alone may or may not impact your naturalisation application.
- I would also be careful that there wasn't any period of overstaying between the refusals and the new application for ILR as that can impact the naturalisation application.
Thank you xavueryves, You are right it does make sense.
My Entrepreneur extension application was refused due to a minor mistake that I did not submit last 5 months management accounts and the investment amount was not fully mentioned in the last three years accounts. When the application was refused I went for admin review which was refused and then I made a fresh application within 14 days of the admin review decision with management accounts and they approved it. ILR was then granted without any further documents or interview etc.
Do you think this can cause any refusal delay in the naturalisation application ?

Khan789
Pakistan

Post by Khan789 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:01 pm

aman90 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:04 pm
xavieryves wrote:
You are making a point as well, but they have not mentioned only approved application or only refused ones.
This is confusing and I am waiting for any further suggestions or someone who has been through the same situations.

Khan789
Pakistan

Post by Khan789 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:04 pm

aman90 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:09 am
Khan789 wrote:
Hello Everyone,
There is a section in the application form asking for all the previous applications made inside or outside the UK, it does not specify either approved or refused ones but majority people say not to mention the refused ones don't know why?

I am applying as a director of the company, I am on the company's payroll but also take dividends, should I state my UTR number or company's PAYE Reference number?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:05 am

1) State all previous immigration applications as the question states.

2) PAYE ref
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Khan789
Pakistan

Previous Passports

Post by Khan789 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:22 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am uploading documents for my naturalisation application. I have two questions if you guys can help.

1) Do I have to scan only passport pages with stamps or all the pages including blank ones ? Can I make a file of all the stamps and upload?

2) I have an expired passport which has stamps too, should I upload the front page of that passport or just the stamps pages are enough?

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Previous Passports

Post by talreh20 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:55 pm

You must upload all the passports.

You must scan all the pages in a passport regardless of stamps and no stamps. Make 1 PDF file for each scanned passport and upload.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Previous Passports

Post by aman90 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:26 pm

Don’t bother with blank pages.