ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

english language requirement for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahul_stb
Newly Registered

english language requirement for naturalisation

Post by rahul_stb » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:55 am

Hi,
I am applying for naturalisation, got my ILR in 2012 (HSMP->2007->extension->ILR). At HSMP time I definitely used IELTS as English requirement and same for ILR I think. Life in UK test I gave before ILR.

Now I am bit stumped at the question which says >> Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?

I got my ILR before that. If I were to say YES to this question then my old IELTS 2006 result would be still valid? And If were to say NO then give a new test now or ask NARIC for English level of my Engineering degree from India?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: english language requirement for naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:45 am

It would be NO as you got your ilr before this date. Saying yes would be a lie.

You can only use an old test if it is at the B1 level and a ho approved test and test centre on the current list AND it was used for a previous application.

You will need to check if your test and test centre is still on the list.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rahul_stb
Newly Registered

Post by rahul_stb » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:08 pm

Found this below information here and it seems positive for my case, Any doubts? So I can answer YES?

https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

Approved English language qualifications
You can prove your knowledge of English by having a recognised English test qualification from an approved test centre.

You need to have a certificate to prove you have the qualification, or be able to view your results online.

You can only use English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) qualifications if they’re on the list. You cannot use other qualifications, for example GCSEs, A levels or National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs).

If your qualification has run out
Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago in 2 situations.

Applying for citizenship
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

It does not matter if the B1 level test you took is not on the current list of recognised tests. You do not need to take another test.

Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

it’s on the current list of recognised tests
it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:20 pm

The answer to that question is still NO regardless of the fact that you can still use the old IELTS
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rahul_stb
Newly Registered

Post by rahul_stb » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:04 am

Ok, I want to confirm that my IELTS test score > CEFR B1 and so far I checked here: https://www.ielts.org/ielts-for-organis ... -framework

Any official source to confirm the same If anyone can tell ?

rahul_stb
Newly Registered

Post by rahul_stb » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:49 pm

This site looks better, Can I use this one to be sure and site this prrof for my IELTS score > CERF B1 ? I gave that IELTS test in 2006.
https://www.efset.org/english-score/cefr/b1/