ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent Visa Maintenance

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tarun_1608
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Dependent Visa Maintenance

Post by tarun_1608 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am already in the UK on Tier 2 General and now I am applying for my wife's visa and as a part of that, I have to show proof for maintenance requirements which is £630.

I have a few questions

1. Do I need to show my maintenance as well along with my wife, which £945 + £630? Or is it just my wife applying for the visa so we need to show £630 pound only.

2. As per guidance point no 83 https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 3-2019.pdf which is
83. If you apply separately from the main applicant you will need to have the necessary funds to meet
the maintenance requirement or have a written undertaking from an A-rated Sponsor, unless the
main applicant already had leave in a Tier 2 category and when applying for their most recent period of Tier 2 leave was not required to show evidence of satisfying maintenance requirements.
As I have recently changed my job and applied for Tier 2 again and at that time I have not provided any maintenance requirement so as per the above point Do we still have to show proof for maintenance requirement in my wife's visa application.

Thank you in advance.

tarun_1608
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Visa Maintenance

Post by tarun_1608 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:38 pm

tarun_1608 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:04 pm
Hi Everyone,

I am already in the UK on Tier 2 General and now I am applying for my wife's visa and as a part of that, I have to show proof for maintenance requirements which is £630.

I have a few questions

1. Do I need to show my maintenance as well along with my wife, which £945 + £630? Or is it just my wife applying for the visa so we need to show £630 pound only.

2. As per guidance point no 83 https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 3-2019.pdf which is
83. If you apply separately from the main applicant you will need to have the necessary funds to meet
the maintenance requirement or have a written undertaking from an A-rated Sponsor, unless the
main applicant already had leave in a Tier 2 category and when applying for their most recent period of Tier 2 leave was not required to show evidence of satisfying maintenance requirements.
As I have recently changed my job and applied for Tier 2 again and at that time I have not provided any maintenance requirement so as per the above point Do we still have to show proof for maintenance requirement in my wife's visa application.

Thank you in advance.
@vinny and @CR001, Cold you please help me with my query?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:40 pm

Maintenance for dependents only.

Kindly also note that we are all unpaid volunteers on the forum and will answer a post, if we choose to, when we have time etc as we all also have normal jobs and family commitments.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tarun_1608
Newly Registered
India

Post by tarun_1608 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:40 pm
Maintenance for dependents only.

Kindly also note that we are all unpaid volunteers on the forum and will answer a post, if we choose to, when we have time etc as we all also have normal jobs and family commitments.
Thank you very much, and really sorry for tagging.

tarun_1608
Newly Registered
India

Post by tarun_1608 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:58 pm

tarun_1608 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:04 pm
Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions

Thank you in advance.
Could someone please help on second question?

mmsa2019
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by mmsa2019 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:41 am

Couple of things are missing to answer part two:

- Are you applying together?
- Your employer ticked the box for the maintenance fund or no?

General note, I just got my tier 2 renewed to myself and family (in the process) the new application system generates the required documents and what is mandatory based on your entered information.

tarun_1608
Newly Registered
India

Post by tarun_1608 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:33 am

mmsa2019 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:41 am

General note, I just got my tier 2 renewed to myself and family (in the process) the new application system generates the required documents and what is mandatory based on your entered information.
Hi mmsa2019,

Thank you for your reply.
Please find my answers below.
- No, I am applying for my wife only.
- No, they didn't tick the box, it says no. But they can give me a letter saying that they can provide maintenance for my wife.

Thanks,
Grijesh

tarun_1608
Newly Registered
India

Post by tarun_1608 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:31 pm

Hi All,
Could someone please help me with this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:33 pm

tarun_1608 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:33 am
mmsa2019 wrote:

Hi mmsa2019,

- No, they didn't tick the box, it says no. But they can give me a letter saying that they can provide maintenance for my wife.

Thanks,
Grijesh
1. Then answer no if she is applying on her own. It isn't a trick question.

2. If your employer has not certified maintenance in the CoS, you need to submit 90 days banks statements holding the required funds, as far as I understand.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tarun_1608
Newly Registered
India

Post by tarun_1608 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:56 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:33 pm
tarun_1608 wrote:
mmsa2019 wrote:

Hi mmsa2019,

Thanks,
Grijesh

2. If your employer has not certified maintenance in the CoS, you need to submit 90 days banks statements holding the required funds, as far as I understand.

Thank you very much CR001 :).
If I get a letter from my employer stated that they can provide maintenance, will it work instead of bank statements?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:03 pm

Unlikely as the cos has not been ticked to state they certify maintenance. Note this is my understanding.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mmsa2019
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by mmsa2019 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:29 pm

tarun_1608 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:56 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:33 pm
tarun_1608 wrote:
mmsa2019 wrote:

Hi mmsa2019,

Thanks,
Grijesh

Thank you very much CR001 :).
If I get a letter from my employer stated that they can provide maintenance, will it work instead of bank statements?
Yes, I did it myself and it worked.

I applied to my wife and kids separately and my employer supported by letter and it was all good.

tarun_1608
Newly Registered
India

Post by tarun_1608 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:16 pm

Thank you mmsa2019.

I will get a letter from my employer and will do the same. Thank you :).